Trouble with Airprint anyone.....

This is a discussion on Trouble with Airprint anyone..... within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Hi everyone, I was given a brand new Epson XP 200 scanner printer. It says this wifi enabled printer is able to be used to ...

Member #
    Liked
    41 times

Trouble with Airprint anyone.....

Hi everyone, I was given a brand new Epson XP 200 scanner printer. It says this wifi enabled printer is able to be used to Airprint. Well I set it up with wifi and its working fine from mac. But for the life of me I can not get it to airprint from ipad or iphone. I have tried finding the printer through Epson finder app it found the printer then you touch that and it takes you to safari page to click on your printer but can not get any further. Tried just printing from ipad and no printer is found. Have tried turning router on and off and printer on and off and even ipad on and off. Some bloke on youtube had a terrible time getting it going but did get it eventually but I cant even get the pages he got up. Would love to know if someone has cracked it.....both my ios are on the newest software. .... Help !!! plzzzzzzz
    iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    I am not familiar with this particular product Mac, but I know Airprint can be a pain to get going. How do you connect the printer to your Mac? Wireless or USB?
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.2)
    Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.2)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.2)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.1.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.1.1

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Hi Jezz, I have the printer connected by wifi. I did start with the USB once it was working I changed it to wifi and it's working fine. I was reading just now that maybe it's the sky hub doesn't work with bonjour, but haven't worked out what to do about it. .? It seems to get very complicated when it comes to the router....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 😊
    iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Ah, if that is the case, I would contact Sky to see if they can supply you with a different router model that supports Bonjour. Alternatively, you can always purchase your own router....you don't have to use the one supplied by your ISP, they are often simply rebranded products you can purchase elsewhere anyway. What type of broadband do you have? ADSL down your phone line, or is it Skye Fibre?

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.1.1

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I have Adsl down the phone line. I never knew you could have your own .....would you have to connect it through the sky hub as well because it has a sky password.... Anyway I just might email sky ask maybe it's just a setting. I will google to see if anyone has sky hub with airprint....I just like things to work weather I use it or not lol

iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    I'm afraid I don't know enough about how the Sky euipment works. Is the sky hub used for anything else apart from providing conectivity for your Mac and iPad? Does it attach to your TV for example?

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.1.1

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Yes jezz sky on demand works through wifi as well I think. I did email sky to see if it's possible for AirPrint . It may take a few days to hear back but mean while I will keep searching. My son law is able to AirPrint with sky router but there's is not the sky hub. It's probably something I have not done... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Problem solved I think.....airprint won't work until I register my printer with epson connect but it does print over wifi from the mac. So that will do me..

iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

Member #
    To whoever,
    I cannot figure this site out.In desperation I clicked on problems with the printer. I hope someone reads this.

I have problems with my mac book pro. Whenever I connect it to my brother printer i have to unhook my external keyboard. But when I am finished with the printing for some reason, the computer will not accept the external keyboard again. I know the external keyboard works because I tried it with a mac book. So what can I do?

yours, query

Remove Ads

Ads