iPhone Rumors Suggest September 5th Release

This is a discussion on iPhone Rumors Suggest September 5th Release within the iPhone News forums, part of the Apple News category; When it comes to Apple’s upcoming iPhone release, rumors never cease to appear. So far, most of them embrace the same story: that iPhone 5 ...

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

iPhone Rumors Suggest September 5th Release

When it comes to Apple’s upcoming iPhone release, rumors never cease to appear. So far, most of them embrace the same story: that iPhone 5 will most likely be released this autumn, September to be more precise. Just last week, Apple’s CFO, Peter Oppenheimer dropped the words ”future product transition” during the company’s earnings call, and the majority agreed that his words very likely refer to the upcoming iPhone 5, supposed to be released this fall. But Oppenheimer added that the product transition is a matter “we will not talk about today” and Apple, as usual has provided no further official info regarding a possible release.

Exactly one week later, another rumor hits the net waves, pointing to the exact date of iPhone 5 US launch : September 5. September is something we’re already familiar with, but this time we also have the day : 5th of September, Monday. However, this is only the US release date, since US is Apple’s main target market. European customers won’t be as lucky. As rumors point, Europe will have to wait another month for the iPhone 5 to reach the market, the official Europe launch date appears is, apparently, October 5.

Given the source of the rumors, a senior Swisscom executive, there is a high chance that it is a reliable info. The Cupertino-based company, of course, refrains from providing some official information. 5th does seem to be the proper date, since Apple’s next generation iPhone is expected to be called iPhone 5 and along with its release, the company will also launch a new version of its operating system, the iOS 5.

By Radu Tyrsina
    Source: GSMArena.com

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    It's only a rumour, but either way I can't wait to see what features the i5 has! I'm not happy about the release date for the EU, but I suppose we'll get the reviews and get a better idea on whether to buy it or not.
    iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM - July 2010 Model
    iPhone 4 16GB Black
    MacBook 13" 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM

d -_- b Dre Beats Studio (White)

Remove Ads

Ads