iPhone 5 missed launch date – error or calculated delay?

This is a discussion on iPhone 5 missed launch date – error or calculated delay? within the iPhone News forums, part of the Apple News category; It’s been on everyone’s minds right from the time the first rumors started coming out. Whether you really want one or are just curious about ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

iPhone 5 missed launch date – error or calculated delay?

It’s been on everyone’s minds right from the time the first rumors started coming out. Whether you really want one or are just curious about its features, if you are the littlest bit informed about the tech world, chances are you’ve been waiting for the iPhone 5 or at least some official information on the subject. Taking into account last experiences with Apple products launch dates, most rumors placed the iPhone 5’s launch some time in the summer. The basis for this thinking is that Apple usually allows one year timeframe between two generations of the same product.

Tick-tock, Apple, time’s up. It’s been more than a year since the launch of the iPhone 4 and so far no news regarding the launch of the new one. This has made most people’s enthusiasm start to go down. Some disappointment in the company’s launch timeframe record has slowly grown and will most probably continue to do so. But still, Apple isn’t a company to disappoint its customers. So then, why the delay, one would ask. The answers might be a little simpler than you might expect, actually.

The first issue to consider is customer anticipation, rather than expectation. If you delay the launch of a new, eagerly awaited product by as a little as a few weeks or months, chances are most clients will become more eager to buy the new model. Another point Apple might be banking on is that the delay in launch will get more customers closer to the upgrade-eligible window, irrespective of their mobile carrier. Speaking of carriers, the new iPhone is to be available from both AT&T and Verizon and, if rumors are true, will come 4G LTE equipped. The problem is that neither of these two carriers has strong 4G capabilities. The delay in launch will therefore give them a little more time to upgrade their networks to accommodate the new technology.

Let’s not also forget Apple’s little mishap when launching both the iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Most of you will remember that the company was overwhelmed by orders for the new models and was unable to cope with demand. This turned some customers off, as they decided to either go for the competitors’ products or simply wait for the new generation to come out from Apple. This time, however, the company has apparently ordered something like 15 million units of the iPhone 5, which will most definitely cover at least the initial flow of orders. But 15 million units of anything can’t be manufactured just like that. Hence, delay.

A final, but not least important point is that, from a personal expenditure point of view, it is a whole lot better for a company to launch new products in the autumn, rather that summer. Summer and winter both come with planned expenses for anyone, whether for the summer holiday or winter holiday gifts. Autumn therefore is theoretically a perfect time to get people wired about buying something new. Why not the iPhone 5?

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I don't plan on buying the iphone 4S or 5 but i am still wondering what changes it will have, might even end up buying it if it has many changes and good ones. So far apple have released iphones a few weeks after a major ios release so some time in september/october this year?

DrivetheGreen66
    I plan on sticking with andriod, myself.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!
    In a world of doesn't... Droid does!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivetheGreen66 View Post
    I plan on sticking with andriod, myself.

Cant say i ever had an android phone but would be nice to own one and see if they are good

DrivetheGreen66
    If you root and rom your device you will love it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yep, if you love to customize your device then android is for you.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I think it missed its date due to the battle between Apple and Microsoft over the LTE network. Microsoft owns the LTE and wants to charge Apple too much for the access/hardware. Maybe they will come to a agreement and add it so the iphone will have 4g. Darn both of them for their money hungry attitudes.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I dont think Microsoft owns LTE, as it is just a standard for data transfer.
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    lol...can tell where a lot of our hearts still fall true when it comes to phones
    HTC Thunderbolt - Rom'd & Rooted
    Can you do that with your iPhone? :p

What the wife don't know won't hurt !

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Maybe they're planning to release the iPhone 5 in the winter along with iOS 5, it makes sense. I'm eager for it's features, but I almsot definitely won't be buying it. I'm happy with my iPhone 4 and by the time its too outdated or broken down, the iPhone 6 or something better and along those lines will be out. I'm not a sap for Apple and I'm not going to waste further money, like some do, when I have a perfectly good product.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads