Rumors on iPhone’s Panorama Feature are confirmed

This is a discussion on Rumors on iPhone’s Panorama Feature are confirmed within the iPhone News forums, part of the Apple News category; The rumors on the yet unannounced iPhone panorama tool are becoming stronger. More signs on this photo capture feature have emerged and it seems that ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By idan

Thread: Rumors on iPhone’s Panorama Feature are confirmed

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Rumors on iPhone’s Panorama Feature are confirmed

The rumors on the yet unannounced iPhone panorama tool are becoming stronger. More signs on this photo capture feature have emerged and it seems that its existence in the beta version was not odd chance. Provided to developers on Monday, it seems that the iOS 5 beta gives details and directions on how to use the panorama tool. The new photo feature will enable iPhone users to capture super-wide panoramic photos in the photo app, as noticed in the trial of code.

According to the code, among the directions provided to the users, is the advice of moving the phone from left to right, maintaining the movement on a center line. This center line, added in the iOS 5 as an optional camera feature is designed to help users get a straight shot while taking their photos and it is assumed to have a similar appearance to the on-screen grid. For such features, Apple needs to own a patent on panorama technologies. A similar patent was granted to Apple in 2002 and it is called "blending arbitrary overlaying images into panoramas”-it puts different images together, combining them, after analyzing and selecting what is coming into the camera.

Set for release this September, the iOS 5 operating system brings several improvements in picture taking, allowing owners to use multitouch gestures in order to zoom in and out a certain spot, to focus the camera or to lock exposure before taking a shot. In addition, the camera can be rapidly accessed through a shortcut button from the lockscreen and in order to manage the shutter they can use the volume button instead of touching the screen.

By Radu Tyrsina
    Source: cnet.com
    JohnnyApple and Collin like this.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Sounds very promising.
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

Member #
    I hope so!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Maybe they will let us have panoramic backgrounds that scroll when changing pages now. I have always wondered why many other phones have this a Apple never did. Most of the tweaks for this eat a lot of ram or just give major issues. I have used many apps for pano pics and some work great and most are free. But to have it native would be nice feature.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I can't wait! The iPhone camera is actually becoming a more powerful and professional tool. This just seems to add to the capabilities the iPhone has.

Member #
    At least this will be better than using Panoramic apps like DerMandar, although they're just as good :)

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    i wouldnt be surprised since there adding all of the new camera features with iOS 5
    iMac G4 1.0GHz PPC G4, 1.5GB RAM, iPad 16GB 4.3.3 JB, iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.2 JB

Remove Ads

Ads