Problems deleting synced photos

This is a discussion on Problems deleting synced photos within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; I want to delete all photos on phone. First i deleted those i COUld delete, the photos i had taken through the camera on my ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By J. A.

Thread: Problems deleting synced photos

Member #

Thumbs up Problems deleting synced photos

I want to delete all photos on phone.
    First i deleted those i COUld delete, the photos i had taken through the camera on my phone.
    but, still i seemed to have 6 gb of photos on my phone.
    I learned from different tutorials that those photos were photos synced with my pc throught itunes.
    I therefore had to connect to my pc, open itunes and "delete" them through itunes.
    I did, and that delted 2 more gb of photos.
    But, i have still 4 gb of photos apparantly - in my "photo library" on my phone.
    But, i have NO photos what so ever on my phone. I have no photos in the old "itunes photo folder" on my pc ( since i copied them to another folder and then deleted the originals ).
    Therefore there are no photos on my pc that are synced to my phone.
    I also have no photos on icloud.
    Therefore i have no idea where these 4gb of photos, apparantly on my "photo library" on my phone are situated, and how to delete them....
    Anyone got any tip?

Best regards:
    gaurstad

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    If you're on iOS 8x, it's possible to use iCloud Photo Library (Beta). I suppose that's what you're referring to with Photo Library. In case this is enabled, turn it off and see if the 4 GB disappear.

If they don't, connect your iPhone to iTunes and take a look at the storage space there. If a part called "Other" (orange colour) needs quite some space, this could be the reason for the 4GB. To get rid of the non-existent photos, restore your iPhone using iTunes.

Hope that helps.

Member #
    Hello again
    thanx for the feedback.
    I connected to itunes. But, the part called "other" is not that large. There is another part called "photos", and this part says that i have
    3.36 GB ( 1280 images ) on my phone...... But, when im in fact only got less than 20, with a total amount of approx 100 MB.
    The photos are of course NOT on the phone :) And, what i did with the original "synced image"-folder on my pc, a long time ago, was to move them to another folder on my pc, leaving 0 images in the originial folder. So, therefore there are no synced images on my computer But, still.....itunes says ive got 3,38 gb on my phone....What should i do?
    I really do not want to reset my iphone to solve this issue.
    If you got any other tip, please let me know :)

Best regards:
    gaurstad

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    There's not really much that I can think of that might help. If you have photos in the Recently Deleted folder, remove them. They also count against your storage. You can also try to reset your iPhone this way:Press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.This reset won't remove data or settings, but maybe help with your problem.What you're experiencing might be related to corrupted files, and in that case you'll have to restore your iPhone using iTunes. If you back it up before restoring, you'll be able to restore from the backup afterwards. It's possible to use an iCloud or iTunes backup, depending on your preferences.

Member #
    Hello again :)
    Will that type of backup also backup sms and call logs ? Or, only apps, contacts etc ?

regards

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Here's something else I just found elsewhere, and it also was related to "ghost photos":

Go to Settings - General - Date & Time, and turn off Set Automatically. That done, the time will appear below Time Zone. Set it back to a few years ago. Then take a look at your Recently Deleted folder.

If it's the same in your case, images will appear, and you'll be able to remove them from the iPhone.
    Take a look at your storage afterwards, hopefully the 4 GB are gone afterwards.

In this link you'll find everything that iTunes backs up:https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204269

iCloud is different. It's already used to sync between Apple devices, so it doesn't backup what it's syncing. Here's some additional information:https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204136Hope that helps.
    Last edited by J. A.; 03-28-2015 at 05:55 AM.
    scifan57 likes this.

Member #
    Hello again :)
    Thanx a lot!! It worked!! I set back the clock approx one year, and the 4 gb of photos appeared in the recently deleted section. Where i could delete them! Thanx for your help and effort :)
    Best regards:
    gaurstad

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Glad to help. 😊

Remove Ads

Ads