Odd iPhone 6 Tracking Questions

This is a discussion on Odd iPhone 6 Tracking Questions within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Hello, I have a very odd situation to which I have a few questions about. This is involving two iPhone 6's. A co-worker of mine ...

Member #

Odd iPhone 6 Tracking Questions

Hello,

I have a very odd situation to which I have a few questions about. This is involving two iPhone 6's.

A co-worker of mine has a very nice custom Harley Davidson motorcycle. In the past month he has found TWO iPhone 6's which were taped onto his bike in hidden areas. Meaning someone did not want him to know these phones were taped onto his bike. This was on two separate occasions. I did some research on the first iPhone and figured out it was reported stolen. Second iPhone isn't in my possession yet.

I have a few questions someone might be able to help me out with.

Can someone track an iPhone even if the phone is not activated on a cellular network? I am guessing since the phone was reported stolen it was not activated???

Is there any way I could go about figuring out who these iPhones belong to?

The most recent phone still had 95% battery life on it. Approximatly how long do you think a fully charged iPhone 6...sitting idle...would take to get to 95%? Just a ball park number so I could put some type of time table on this.

I know this is very strange and I don't know if this is the correct place to be posting this but I thought I might get some insight about how to deal with this situation.

My two theories:

His wife is trying to track his bike to make sure he is going where he says he is going when he takes the bike out....
    OR
    Someone is tracking the phone and is trying to figure out where he lives so they can steal the bike from his house. This is a VERY nice bike.

Thanks a lot for the help. I will check back frequently and provide any information needed to help out.

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads