Texting query

This is a discussion on Texting query within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; I used to send a regular message to my family using "Shortcuts" on mt iphone5 but this seems to have been removed. So as my ...

Thread: Texting query

Member #

Texting query

I used to send a regular message to my family using "Shortcuts" on mt iphone5 but this seems to have been removed. So as my 85 year old fingures do not find the keyboard for texting too easy I am trying to use the Dictate method. This works for me until I have completed my message and I cannot find a "send" button or any other action,pressing the "Done" button just seems to give the option of a new text or cancel. How do I SEND the text?? I can use SIRI but feel that I would have more control with the Dictate.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    I'm afraid I have never used Dictation, so am unable to help with that query, but keyboad shortcuts are still available on the iPhone under iOS 9. Find them under Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement

Hope that helps with your texting
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.4)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.4)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.4)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.2
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.2

Member #
    Thank you JezzerP, The change in using my shortcut would seem to be that previously when the message appeared in blue script I would click on it to transfer it to the message, now it appears I have to click on the space bar!! Thank you for your reply that gave me the incentive to try things again.

Member #
    Although I can now use a shortcut for my regular text I would still appreciate help using "Dictate". I have read the entry in the online manual and search on the web, on the web a video shows the way, except that on completion a 'task bar' appears showing a camera on the left and a "send" button on the right--when I get to that stage there is no "send" but a microphone!! There must be some simple action to send the message but I can not seem to find it.

Remove Ads

Ads