Help! iPhone 5 and iOS6 with Facebook app posting image issue!

This is a discussion on Help! iPhone 5 and iOS6 with Facebook app posting image issue! within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Hi! This may not be an Apple thing at all, but regardless is really making me mad and is going to sway my future purchase, ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Hi! This may not be an Apple thing at all, but regardless is really making me mad and is going to sway my future purchase, as in like this week purchase, of an iPad mini and MacBook Pro Retina 15.

I am using the lame Facebook app to post pictures to facebook and for some lame reason they are not going to an old album instead of being posted to the timeline for the page i admin. I plan on purchasing the mini to replace my 2 i just sold so I can be mobile and update my page. Im mad as heck at what is going on and I feel like I have zero ability to get answers.

I've searched google for info and went to the more than helpless facebook bugs facebook page...to no avail.

I suppose, I'm coming here just to get some feedback and make me feel like im no just a pawn torn between to giant technology type companies. Because, my third option is to stop my apple migration now, and go all Windows 8 with it. And I just might. Which would be a shame because I'm ready to my my Macbook Pro ive been dreaming about for years now...lame!

THanks for what every you have to say if anything...

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times

Are these community facebook pages you are wanting to upload photos to? Have you tried the Pages app from Facebook for iPhone and iPad:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/face...514643583?mt=8

On your MacBook, surely you can just use a browser?
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - Mavericks (10.9.4)
    'Marvin' - Hackintosh - Mavericks (10.9.4)
    'Holly' - Hackintosh - Mavericks Server (10.9.4)

iPhone 5S - iOS 7.1.2
    iPad Air - iOS 7.1.2
    iPad 2 - iOS 7.1.2

Member #
    Hi...did you actually read my post? Thanks for responding none-the-less. I was using the pages app for Facebook...that point I may have left out. There is no other way to post pictures to pages you admin without it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokeamaniac View Post
    Hi...did you actually read my post? Thanks for responding none-the-less. I was using the pages app for Facebook...that point I may have left out. There is no other way to post pictures to pages you admin without it.
    Your original post did not mention anything about what type of page you were trying to upload picture to, it just made vague references to 'admins' and the like. I put two and two together and asked a perfectly reasonable question for you to respond to.

If what you say is correct, and there is no other way to post pictures to Facebook Community Pages without using their 'Pages' app (I have also been unable to find an alternative), then you are obviously stuck between a rock and a hard place as you say.....sorry!

iPhone 5S - iOS 7.1.2
    iPad Air - iOS 7.1.2
    iPad 2 - iOS 7.1.2

Member #
    Hi! Ok. So I apologize. Yet with that said I do see a few typos in my post. Yet the point was posting with my ipad and such. Of course I could post from my MacBook...if I did buy one...yet would not have it on me in times that required me to post with the ipad mini...otherwise I wouldn't have an issue...yet the performance of the Mobil posting would dictate if I actually spend 3000 on an ipad and MacBook. Anyway, thanks again for the response...I guess I read it the wrong way because I took it as a smart as response...that's my bad. And for that I apologize!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Thank you...I'm sorry there isn't really any solution for you.

iPhone 5S - iOS 7.1.2
    iPad Air - iOS 7.1.2
    iPad 2 - iOS 7.1.2

Ads