iPhone Accessories

This is a discussion on iPhone Accessories within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Behringer , a maker of professional audio and music equipment, is launching the world's loudest -- and largest -- iPhone dock. The iNuke Boom is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: iPhone Accessories

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

iPhone Accessories

Behringer, a maker of professional audio and music equipment, is launching the world's loudest -- and largest -- iPhone dock. The iNuke Boom is 4 feet tall, 8 feet wide, weighs 700 pounds, and costs $29,999.

The product is real, though the only model in existence will be at Behringer's booth at CES as an attention grabber.

Behringer is using the iNuke to promote its new Eurosound line of consumer products, which will be introduced at CES 2012.

12-7-11

Source

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

iPhone Accessories

The Statc works great with camera or iPhones

Vowels are dropped from names so commonly these days that it can only end with the leftover consonants becoming so jammed together that they will densify and densify into some kind of alphanumerical black hole, dragging in all words until us humans will be rendered mute, and I will be forced to shut up once and for all.

And if you thought that paragraph had nothing to do with the next gadget, you’re dead wrong. It’s called the Statc (missing vowel) and it’s a camera “tripod” consisting of nothing but a big lump of super-strong magnet (black-hole-like attraction).

Matthew Baty invented the Statc when he decided he needed a camera support that was "no bigger than a golf ball" (presumably after waking up from some kind of fever-dream). So he set out to make it with the help of Kickstarter.

The device is milled from solid aluminum with a magnet on the bottom (covered in plastic to stop it scratching things). Inside is a ball-head, which is adjustable and lockable with a thumbscrew, and on the top is a standard tripod thread.

Thus you can use it with any camera (up to 2 pounds) or your iPhone, given a suitable case.

There are some drawbacks. The obvious one is that you’ll need some iron or steel nearby to use it. The second is the price — $60 is the minimum pledge to put you on the waiting list. And the third is that you’re carrying a big magnet in your bag, so be careful of your bank cards.

5-25-12

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

iPhone Accessories

Take pro-looking product shots with the LEDock

Well, I guess it had to happen some time. What? A ring-flash for the iPhone. And not only that, but a ring-flash that looks like an Anglepoise lamp. My feeling is that there are some iPhoneography nerds out there getting very excited right now.

It’s called the LEDock, a clunky, heavy name which belies the breezy and good-looking design of the lamp itself. The LEDock is an articulated arm which clamps onto a desk edge, and terminates in a dish with 108 LEDs arrayed around its edge. In this form, it makes a nice desk lamp, albeit a $150 desk lamp.

But flip the outer ring of LEDs away from the inner dish and you now have an iPhone-ready circle, complete with 30-pin dock connector for mounting and a grabby hook at the other end to steady it. Thus secured, the iPhone can snap pictures of perfectly-illuminated subjects.

A ring flash on a regular camera gives shadowless light – almost. The light from the left of the ring fills in the shadows cast by the light from the right, and so on around the circle. The result is flat (and flattering) illumination with a tell-tale dark halo of shadow around your subject.

The LEDock does this for your iPhone. You probably won’t use it for portraits, but you can take product shots, still lives and perfectly-lit scans. This will be great for digitizing business cards and other dead treeware.

Like everything interesting these days, the LEDock is a Kickstarter project, and it launches today. Early birds can kick in a $120 pledge.

kickstarter.com

7-10-12

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

iPhone Accessories

Quick test: see if you can guess what the following product does, just by decoding its cryptic name. Ready?

Belkin NetCam Wi-Fi with Night Vision

If you guessed “a Wi-Fi-connected security camera, which can see in the dark and is, I don’t know, probably made by like Belkin or someone?” then congratulations! You are a detective as sharp as Sherlock and as clever as Colombo. Also, you should work on your speech patterns — making statements that sound like questions, that rise in tone at the end, just make you sound stupid.

Anyhow, the Belkin NCWFwNV (as we shall call it) is a $130 webcam which hooks up directly to your home’s wireless network and can be accessed from your iPhone (or Android handset, if you can get it to switch on). From there, you can save any footage for later (maybe that hot babysitter is bending over again), and thanks to a bank of infrared lamps arrayed around the lens, it can also see in the dark.

Neat, and simple — unlike the name. It even has a wide-angle lens for easy placement and a microphone to check that the babysitter isn’t running a live webcam service from your home while she’s supposed to be looking after your brats.

11-1-12

Source

Member #

iPhone Accessories

Which one is better? I could only find one video on YouTube that compared them on the iPhone 5.
    Last edited by iphonedreamer; 11-12-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

iPhone Accessories

olloclip (US$69.99) has been around for a while for the iPhone 4 and 4S, and now the pocketable 3-in-one -- fisheye, macro, and wide-angle -- clip on lens is available in a version for the iPhone 5. In keeping with the gift-giving season that's about to start, TUAW and olloclip are giving away one of these cool photo accessories.

Design

Like its iPhone 4/4S predecessor, the olloclip for iPhone 5 is a compact little wonder that comes with its own microfiber bag (for both protection and cleaning), lens caps, and a choice of three lenses. Unlike some of its competitors, the olloclip doesn't require a special case -- in fact, it's better if you don't have a case for your iPhone 5 if you want to use olloclip on a regular basis.

The fisheye lens provides a field of view of approximately 180°. That's perfect for those situations where you'd like to get all of a scene into the field of view, and don't mind the distortion that such a lens provides. Fish eye views are actually fun to look at if properly done.

The wide-angle lens is actually a combination of two lenses -- a screw-on wide-angle lens and a built-in macro lens. It provides an expanded viewing angle of 2X, and is great for landscape shots.

Finally, unscrewing the wide-angle lens reveals the macro lens, with a focal length of 1/2" (13mm) for making 10X macro shots. I'd highly recommend not showing this feature to your kids, as they might spend all day taking close-up macro shots of everything in sight.

Functionality

Installing the olloclip is a breeze. You just clip the center plastic piece over the corner of your iPhone 5 where the rear camera lens is, and it automatically aligns the lenses properly. No muss, no fuss, no trying to make sure that the little magnets found on other lenses are lined up with the metal bezel on the lens.

Next, it's time to shoot pictures! As you can see from the gallery below, the olloclip does an amazing job. Unlike some of the el cheapo brands out there that are blatant rip-offs of the olloclip, this is made of aluminum and glass for durability and visual quality. The lenses are coated to prevent lens flare and reflections. Note that with most inexpensive lenses like these, you will get some barrel distortion with the wide-angle lens, and that distortion is expected with the fisheye lens. I found that the wide-angle lens showed some focus issues around the edges, particularly noticeable in the full-size iPhone images.

Conclusion

I was impressed with the olloclip both for the quality and ease of use. If you're in the aftermarket for some creative lenses for your iPhone 5 (or the 4/4S), it's definitely worth buying one of these little gems. Of course, before you do that, be sure to enter our giveaway -- perhaps you'll win one!

Pros

Easy to carry in pocket in included microfiber carry bag / cleaning cloth
    Simple to use
    Good quality coated optics
    Works for both still photography and video
    Macro lens is amazing for taking 10x closeups

Cons

Probably won't work with future iPhones if Apple continues to make devices thinner

Who is it for?

Anyone who wants to expand on their iPhone photography with wide angle, fisheye, and macro lenses.

11-24-12

www.tuaw.com

ngoisaola9 and Mark Pacheco like this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

iPhone Accessories

Hip startup Studio Neat announced the original Glif on Kickstarter back in 2010, and the innovative iPhone tripod/mount hybrid became a huge success. Today Studio Neat announced that the iPhone 5 version of the Glif will start arriving to customers next week.

The regular Glif sells for $20, while the Glif+ with tripod lock and keyring loop costs $30.

The Glif is an iPhone accessory with two primary functions: mounting your iPhone onto a tripod and propping up your iPhone at various angles. Our goal was to create something small, simple, and elegant. But out of this simple design emerges countless uses. Mount your iPhone to a tripod for taking great pictures or making movies. Prop your iPhone up for hands-*free FaceTiming or to watch videos. All of that and more in a compact design that is manufactured in America.

The Glif is made from recyclable rubberized plastic that feels great and plays nice with your phone, and is small enough to fit snugly in your pocket, purse, or backpack. It has a 1/4’-*20 thread that fits any standard tripod or camera mount.

The Glif+ includes the Serif, a compact lock piece that’s used to keep your iPhone extra secure on the tripod. Buying the “+” package also means you’ll get the Ligature, a loop that attaches the Glif to your keychain, backpack, purse, etc.

Your iPhone 5 will need to be naked if you want to use it with the Glif. You can order one now on Studio Neat’s website.

11-24-12

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

iPhone Accessories

At Last, A Proper iPhone 5 Lightning Dock

At last! A proper Lightning dock for your iPhone, complete with its own built-in, pivoting Lightning connector. No longer do you need to sacrifice a valuable (read: overpriced) Apple Lightning cable to make a dock work with an iPhone 5.

Gear4’s dock is called, simply, the Lightning Dock. It does exactly what you want, and no more: Hold and charge an iPhone 5.

The connector pivots to allow easy on/off action, the dock’s shape allows for a slight rearward tilt so you can still use it while it’s docked, and the hole in the back hooks up to an microUSB cable you have lying around. And if you’re anything like me, you have more or these cables than you have mis-matched Tupperware lids.

The only thing some might miss is an audio jack for hooking directly up to a stereo. Then again, who uses cables to connect to speakers in the age of AirPlay?

The Lightning Dock is available now, for $40.

11-27-12

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

Olloclip Releases 3-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 5

olloclip has released a new version of its 3-in–1 photo lens solution, which has been redesigned for the iPhone 5. The lens set comes in three different colors, red, black, and white, and features three lens types in a single accessory.

The fisheye lens captures photos with a 180 degree field of view, while the wide-angle lens doubles the iPhone’s normal field of view and the macro lens applies a 10x macro magnification.

olloclip’s fisheye lens is also designed to work with Apple’s new Panorama camera feature, which was introduced with iOS 6. With Panorama 360 Plus, the lens is able to capture a 360 degree image with both a wider and taller field of view than the standard iPhone 5 camera can produce.

As with the olloclip for the iPhone 4 and 4S, olloclip for the iPhone 5 snaps on to the upper right corner of the phone over the camera and allows for the quick changing of lenses.

Steven Sande of TUAW recently released a review of the olloclip for the iPhone 5.

I was impressed with the olloclip both for the quality and ease of use. If you’re in the aftermarket for some creative lenses for your iPhone 5 (or the 4/4S), it’s definitely worth buying one of these little gems.

The olloclip 3-in–1 lens system for the iPhone 5 costs $69.99 and is available for purchase from the olloclip website.

11-27-12

www.macrumors.com

Mark Pacheco and Skimonkey like this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

iPod-Touch-A-Like Wrist Straps For The iPhones 4 And 5

I can’t be the only person who took a look a the new iPods’ wrist straps and thought “I want that for my iPhone.” I’m forever pulling my iPhone 5 from my pocket to snap something for Instagram, and it’d be totally neat if I could just keep the thing in my hand instead, and never have to worry about dropping it.

Happily, the fine folks at Photojojo also felt the persistent pull of gravity and did something about it. Presenting: The iPhone Wrist Strap.

The iPhone 5 lacks the iPod’s neat pop-out strap capstan, but it does have a couple of tiny pentalobe screws on either side of the Lightning connector. And the strap’s mount goes there. You unscrew the screws (using the provided screwdriver), place the little bar over them and screw in some slightly longer screws to keep everything in place.

This light and sturdy aluminum bracket then forms a mount onto which the colorful leather strap can snap.

There are two models available – one for the iPhone 5 and one for any hideous and fat device you might still have which sport the old-fashioned 30-pin dock connector. Both cost $35.

I can’t quite bring myself to unscrew parts of my new phone, but I might order one just for the strap. Then, I can take one of the shell cases which seem to be multiplying in my apartment and Dremel a quick hole in the corner.

12-3-12

Source

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads