Deleted Contacts

This is a discussion on Deleted Contacts within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; I woke up this morning to my iPhone 4 just spinning...I reset it and it when it came back on, all my contacts were gone...I ...

Member #

Deleted Contacts

I woke up this morning to my iPhone 4 just spinning...I reset it and it when it came back on, all my contacts were gone...I haven't done a backup since November. I haven't really added any new contacts since then...My question is, if I do a restore from my last backup, will I lose everything that I've added to my phone since my last back up or is there a way to just restore my contacts? Any advice would be helpful, thanks

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    If your iPhone is paired to a Mac of if you have another iOS device and that you have iCloud set up, any which one of them will also contain your contacts. That, you should also already know by now. But if not you should be able to restore your data from iTunes on the computer that is paired to that iPhone. You do have one, don't you?
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    My contacts are synced in Outlook on my computer...I just don't know how to restore them back onto my phone.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    When you connect your iPhone to your computer and iTunes, click the icon of your phone in the left pane.

You should then see all there is about your iPhone in the central pane. Go to its menu and click on info. There you'll see about your contacts. Select which database you wish to sync with. I'm on Mac now but if I remember correctly from my Windows experience Outlook should be in the Options. Once you choices are set click on the sync button at the lower right corner.
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    Check if you have iTunes or iCloud backup of your iPhone first, if you have either of them, then how to recover deleted contacts from iPhone is a simple task.
    iTunes and iCloud will automatically back up your iPhone even if have not done it manually:
    iCloud automatically backs up the most important data on your iPhone on a daily basis as long as your device is:
    Connected to the Internet over Wi-Fi
    Connected to a power source
    Screen locked
    iTunes can create backups of your iPhone automatically when you sync with iTunes (disabled if you have iCloud backup turned on).
    Last edited by MatildaRichard; 01-11-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MatildaRichard View Post
    Check if you have iTunes or iCloud backup of your iPhone first, if you have either of them, then how to recover deleted contacts from iPhone is a simple task.
    iTunes and iCloud will automatically back up your iPhone even if have not done it manually:
    iCloud automatically backs up the most important data on your iPhone on a daily basis as long as your device is:
    Connected to the Internet over Wi-Fi
    Connected to a power source
    Screen locked
    iTunes can create backups of your iPhone automatically when you sync with iTunes (disabled if you have iCloud backup turned on).
    https://www.tunesbro.com/recover-del...ut-backup.html
    You are right , thanks for your answer, if we have backup of the contacts , we can get the lost contacts from backup files , but if we don't have , maybe we can have a try using recovery tool to restore contacts,
    Anyway , we still have lot of chance to get lost contacts back on iPhone
    Last edited by Kamsntter; 03-22-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Remove Ads

Ads