Iphone 4 used as a heart rate monitor

This is a discussion on Iphone 4 used as a heart rate monitor within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Hi all, Was looking around today to pass the time and saw that you can get some accessories that turn your iphone into a hrm ...

Member #

Iphone 4 used as a heart rate monitor

Hi all, Was looking around today to pass the time and saw that you can get some accessories that turn your iphone into a hrm and complete bicycle computer. Has anyone tried them? If so, are they ok or rubbish? What do you like about the ones you have seen or tried? This function would make this phone my best purchase ever. Cheers.

2. Ads

Member #
    I have seen a few. Prices vary a bit but I just looked at one that was $200 US. It was a bike kit that included a transciever/responder, heart rate strap and candence sensor. There are kits that are linked with the nike running sensor.

Member #
    Can't help you answer you original (and by now old) question, but the Heart Rate monitor app that uses the flash is pretty good for measuring your sitting heart rate. I haven't tried it while riding yet as I use the old fashion watch with heart strap for that. Also I Map My Ride is pretty cool as well.

Remove Ads

Ads