Jailbroken IPhone 3 will not turn and cannot be recognized by ITunes

This is a discussion on Jailbroken IPhone 3 will not turn and cannot be recognized by ITunes within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; My IPhone was a company incentive and now I am returning the phone. My brother jailbroke my IPhone and everything was great until today. I ...

Member #

Unhappy Jailbroken IPhone 3 will not turn on and cannot be recognized by ITunes

My IPhone was a company incentive and now I am returning the phone. My brother jailbroke my IPhone and everything was great until today. I decided I was going to reset my settings from the phone, which was a bad mistake. Now my phone switches back and forth from the Apple logo to the Jailbroken Skull. It wont do anything but shut off if I press the home button and the start button. My ITunes won't recognize my IPhone so I can't follow the hard reset from ITunes. Does anyone have any suggestions or and am I out of luck? Also the battery won't charge because the phone keeps powering on and off.
    Last edited by Ald213; 08-17-2011 at 11:34 PM.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi. I would suggest that you need to use DFU mode to help you restore the device. iTunes should recognise it if you put it into DFU mode.

DFU Mode made easy

Read this guide and follow the instructions exactly. Take you time and give iTunes a chance to recognise the device in DFU mode. Then press restore.

Hope that helps.
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 4.3.3 (jbme) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)

If it ain't broke... Jailbreak it!

Please review the AppleForums.net Guidelines of Conduct before posting!

Remove Ads

Ads