Forgotten password - can't restore iPhone

This is a discussion on Forgotten password - can't restore iPhone within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Hello. My iPhone got disabled after I entered passcode wrong several times. It asks to connect the device to iTunes, so I did. I followed ...

Member #

Question Forgotten password - can't restore iPhone

Hello.

My iPhone got disabled after I entered passcode wrong several times. It asks to connect the device to iTunes, so I did. I followed steps from the instructions here iOS: Forgotten passcode or device disabled after entering wrong passcode ("if you've never synced your device with itunes" since I reinstalled Windows and lost the reserved copy of my iPhone in iTunes). After the first time I put iPhone into recovery mode, iTunes downloaded some updates and restored iPhone but I still had the problem with passcode. The device was still disabled and asked to connect it to iTunes. I put it into recovery mode again but I can't restore it because error 1611 occurred. I followed steps given on Apple website to fix error 1611 but it didn't help.

How can I restore my iPhone and solve the problem with passcode?

Thank you.

2. Ads

Member #
    If you forget your Apple ID, you can click "Forget your Apple ID" on the Apple home page and follow the instructions as follows. If you choose the "Email authentication", enter your email to reset a new password; if you select the "Answering security question", enter the answer as you set when you originally created your account before, then you will recover your password smoothly.

Remove Ads

Ads