iPhone 5s & 5c Tips And Tricks

This is a discussion on iPhone 5s & 5c Tips And Tricks within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Donít have any iPhone or iPod speakers handy, but really want to boost the volume of the music or audio coming from your iOS device? ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

Make Your Own iPhone Speakers with a Paper Towel Roll & Two Keg Cups

Donít have any iPhone or iPod speakers handy, but really want to boost the volume of the music or audio coming from your iOS device? If you have a paper towel roll and two plastic cups, youíre good to go with this goofy and sort of effective DIY iPhone speaker solution.

Precision crafted by Twitter user @nnnnnnnn, he posted the above image saying he ďcanít believe this actually worksĒ. Being the curious type, I naturally wanted to try this out myself. Into the kitchen I ventured, grabbing a paper towel roll andÖ well I didnít have any plastic beer cups laying around, so a paper towel roll had to be enough for my own DIY speaker attempt. Hereís what my very own homemade Beats Audio competitor looks like, by appearances alone itís clearly screaming quality (why yes Apple, you can acquire this technology for $3 billion if you would like Ė and donít worry @nnnnnnnnn, weíll split it!):

Guess what? It works, at least to amplify the sound. Does it sound any better? Well, no, not really, but it definitely sounds louder, and if louder is your intention then cutting a little hole into a paper towel roll and jamming your iPhone into it while blasting some music or a podcast will serve the purpose to amplify the audio with very little effort. Maybe adjusting some settings and the music EQ would make it sound better, but really if you want some decent iPhone speakers, just buy some or use an AUX cable to connect them to an existing setup.

For some comparison with other Do-It-Yourself iPhone speakers and amplifiers, I think the sound quality of sticking an iPhone into an empty glass or large bowl is a bit better, but thatís not exactly a scientific conclusion. Of course the other perk with stuffing your iPhone into an empty cup is the claim of boosting cellular reception too, but we tested that and it didnít work too well either.

But, if youíre in a pinch and need to amplify your iPhone or iPod music (iPad too if you can use a wrapping paper roll I suppose), grab whatever is handy, whether itís a roll or a bowl, and have a go at it. Good times.

7-29-14

Source

2. Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads