Experience of reviving an iPhone 4S dropped into water accidentally

This is a discussion on Experience of reviving an iPhone 4S dropped into water accidentally within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Hi all, I joined this forum recently. I basically wanted to post my experience of having dropped my iPhone 4S into water n then reviving ...

Member #

Experience of reviving an iPhone 4S dropped into water accidentally

Hi all,
    I joined this forum recently. I basically wanted to post my experience of having dropped my iPhone 4S into water n then reviving it. I hope it will help all the ones who are, in the future going to drop their iPhones into water n get shocked n depressed.
    So a few weeks back while using the restroom, my 4s slipped out of my pockets went straight down you know where... Basically the phone got compete submerged and no it didn't have any cover so it was a naked as u can imagine.
    With great guts I picked it back. It had switched off and I did the cardinal sin of tryin to switch it on. To cut short, the display flickered and then shut off..
    The next thing I did was call my wife and ask her to google the remedial measures. Meanwhile I put the phone out to dry inside my car parked in bright sunshine.. Glasshouse effect. And then after some time when I thot it wud have dried up sufficiently..two to three hours I tried switching it on again. The display again flickered and went off though the phone was working. Then on getting some piece of mind for. My wife I shut the phone down. After gtg back home I put the phone in a bag of raw rice. I advice that u do that for atleast 48 to 72 hours. That fully no wart damage sensors had been activated.
    After the two or three days I took out the phone and switched it on and charged it.everything was fine but the display remained erratic.
    Basically the display kept fading off and remained blank though all the functions of the phone were working.
    This display problem continued for another two to three weeks. Some peculiarities observed by me were that she there was ambient light falling on the screen,the display was working but at night origin. Dark conditions there was no display and I had to use,familiarity with the use to answer calls and do some basic things.
    I tried contacting apple store inBangalore and they gave the helpless answer that since my phone was bought in the US, I wil. Have to shop it there to get it repaired. Basically they gave me a good for nothing solution.
    So after these few weeks I went to the settings and on the display/ brightness option, I tinkered the brightness settings and now the phone is back as it was before it's swim in dirty water.
    So I hope this helps other souls whose heart sinks to their stomach pits on seeing their iphone going for a swim.
    Cheers
    Harish

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Thanks for sharing....very brave of you to recover the phone from a dirty toilet!!!
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Member #
    Wow thats great that it started working for you again!

Member #
    If you drop your device into water accidentally,iphone data recover program can help you get back the data from device. MobiKin Doctor for iOS (Windows All) or MobiKin Doctor for iOS (Mac OS X). This software is highly spoken of by many iPhone users so you can rely on it. With its help, you are able to retrieve all the deleted or lost data including photos, videos, music, contacts, call history, text messages, safari bookmarks, books and voice memos and so forth.

Remove Ads

Ads