iPhone5s store pick up - different person?

This is a discussion on iPhone5s store pick up - different person? within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; I am in a different country but my friend is in USA now and I want him to buy me an iPhone5S. I gave him ...

Member #

Question iPhone5s store pick up - different person?

I am in a different country but my friend is in USA now and I want him to buy me an iPhone5S. I gave him my credit card, so he has my credit card right now.

Since the stocks for iPhone5S are still short, I want to use store pick up option. Here is what I want to do.

1. I am going to use my credit card info and purchase an iPhone5S online.
    2. I will select store pick up option and choose a store with available stock.
    3. Then my friend will go to that Apple store with my (physical) credit card and pick up the phone.

Is this possible? Is my credit card enough to pick up the phone? Or is a photo-ID necessary for pick up an iphone?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    A US issued credit card is necessary to purchase Apple products in the States because all iOS devices are regionalized to work properly in one country.

The best option is to remain patient and wait for the iPhone to come to your country by Apple ways. It will save you loads of aggravation. Do a search in this forum. It has been discussed before.
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    Do you mean online store? Because I was in Newyork this summer and used my non-US credit card to purchase an iphone5 from 5th avenue Apple Store without any problem.

What I wonder is that if it is possible for a different person (than the card holder) to collect the online-purchased iphone using store pick up option using the same card.

Remove Ads

Ads