iPhone 5s Heating Issues

This is a discussion on iPhone 5s Heating Issues within the iPhone forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Hello. I received an iPhone 5s 16GB for Christmas, and I've got to say - this is a really slick and beautiful device. I have, ...

Member #

iPhone 5s Heating Issues

Hello.

I received an iPhone 5s 16GB for Christmas, and I've got to say - this is a really slick and beautiful device. I have, however, encountered a bunch of issues that seem to occur during use of certain software.

Namely, the phone heats up drastically when I play Asphalt 8, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and similar apps. Consequently, the battery is drained at a high speed, meaning I have to charge it far more often than what was the case with my former cell phone.
    Initially I thought this was strictly related to the demanding graphics showcased in these games, but the issue was far less prominent when playing Deus Ex: The Fall, which by all means is more demanding than any of the aforementioned apps.

What do you guys think? Is this a hardware malfunction or is it merely a result of bad optimization for iOS 7 and the New A7 processor? Need I fear components breaking due to the excessively high temperature?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Gaming requires a lot of processor activity, consequently a big power drain. On a small, unventilated device wrapped in warm hands I would consider this to be normal. This is a telephone after all...
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    I don't think it's too much to ask having these apps somewhat adapt to the limitations of the platform they are released on. Such a huge battery drain is a significant turnoff for most users, and I find it pretty weird how not a single review of any of these apps even remotely implies this being a problem.

I suppose you are right, though. After all, these games are pretty demanding, and being able to play them on a damn cell phone is amazing.
    Last edited by Ned Berla; 12-28-2013 at 07:55 AM.

Member #
    Mine will get really hot if i've been talking on it for a long time or watching a movie from it.

Member #
    This really is a problem in terms of battery life. Playing San Andreas for 15 minutes just drained 20%, rendering it pretty much unplayable while on the go.

iOS gaming my ass.

Remove Ads

Ads