All six Star Wars films go digital, headed to iTunes on April 10

This is a discussion on All six Star Wars films go digital, headed to iTunes on April 10 within the iTunes forums, part of the Apple Services category; Walt Disney on Monday announced a completely digital re-release of the venerable Star Wars series, which will launch as a collection of all six episodes ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sparkyscott21

Thread: All six Star Wars films go digital, headed to iTunes on April 10

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

All six Star Wars films go digital, headed to iTunes on April 10

Walt Disney on Monday announced a completely digital re-release of the venerable Star Wars series, which will launch as a collection of all six episodes on April 10 through Apple's iTunes and other outlets.

From Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace to Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, each installment comes with bonus content and will be made available for download on Apple's mobile devices.

"We're thrilled that fans will be able to enjoy the Star Wars saga on their digital devices wherever they go," Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said in a statement. "These films broke new ground in technology, design, sound, and visual effects, and we've created some very special bonus material which delves into the saga's rich history, including new and never-before-released conversations between legendary Star Wars artists the masters who helped George bring his iconic universe to life."

Along with an announcement on the official Star Wars website, Disney touted the upcoming release in an ad aired during the NCAA national basketball championship game on Monday night. While not mentioned in the commercial, each film sold under the Digital HD banner has been edited from its original theatrical version, much like "complete" Blu-Ray editions released after Episode III.

Fans can preorder individual episodes through iTunes for $19.99 each, though collection pricing has not yet been made available. Bonus iTunes Extras content includes new footage and deleted scenes. According to The New York Times, rentals will not be offered.

4-7-15

Source
    J. A. likes this.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    W00T! I have been hoping that Apple would add these movies to iTunes someday! Thank you, Apple!
    True nobility lies not in being superior to another person, but in being superior to our previous selves.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Well, I just bought the bundle of all 6 movies. I figured it was better to take advantage of the sale while I could - saved $30.00! The HD versions are beautiful on my HDTV.

Thank you, Apple!
    Last edited by ardchoille; 04-11-2015 at 02:57 AM.
    True nobility lies not in being superior to another person, but in being superior to our previous selves.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Well, I just gotta watch them movies one of these days.. I seen the original ones many moons ago, but not the new ones yet.

I'm more of a Star Trek fan......
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Remove Ads

Ads