iTunes error "...library filed cannot be saved. An unknown error occurred (-54)

This is a discussion on iTunes error "...library filed cannot be saved. An unknown error occurred (-54) within the iTunes forums, part of the Apple Services category; I just got this iTunes error and noted it has been around as an issue for many years. One solution was to check and then ...

Member #

iTunes error "...library filed cannot be saved. An unknown error occurred (-54)

I just got this iTunes error and noted it has been around as an issue for many years. One solution was to check and then repair permissions. I had concerns over this as a way to resolve the issue.

What advice is there re: verifying and then repairing permissions to solve this issue?

I discovered the error just after downloading a couple of apps on my MacBook Pro for use on my iPod. They downloaded fine and work fine Enigmo2 and Bugdom2). I did a sync with the iPod and all seemed OK.

I also downloaded a game for the Mac within an hour or so of the others (on a spending spree). It works fine as well (Enigmo2).

During this same timeframe I was attempting to make a password change for my MacBook, having gotten advice in this forum. I was advised to set up a new user and attempt the process of the password change with the new user. I really wasn't sure of the process to make a new user so got only so far as to allow guest accounts to have access (not sure the choice of words). I had not realized I needed to press the + before the process was to continue. I am now wondering if I did something there. I stopped short of making a new user and ended the effort.
    MikeeW
    Leyte, Philippines
    MacBook Pro i7
    OSX 10.7.3
    Time Capsule

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads