Unable to add movies or TV shows to iTunes

This is a discussion on Unable to add movies or TV shows to iTunes within the iTunes forums, part of the Apple Services category; Strange one this. All of a sudden, I am unable to import TV shows or movies to the iTunes library on my Mac Book Pro. ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times

Angry Unable to add movies or TV shows to iTunes

Strange one this. All of a sudden, I am unable to import TV shows or movies to the iTunes library on my Mac Book Pro. This is both content bought on the iTunes store and content I have ripped from my own DVDs. What I do, is have a main iTunes library on my desktop Mac, where all my purchases get stored. I will then use the Import process via Home Sharing to put them on my MBP for when I'm travelling or away from home. I tried this yesterday and the files were transferred from my desktop to my MBP but are not showing up in iTunes. I have also tried the drag and drop method direct from the MBP library location, but still no joy. It would seem that this has only started since the recent OSX 10.7.4 update, but I can't be sure.....I haven't needed to do it for almost two months. Although the ripped content will play on a 3rd Party player such as VLC, the DRM content from iTunes will not, and seeing I'm going away next week, I really fancied watching a couple of new movies on the train. Anyone with any ideas?
    Last edited by JezzerP; 05-18-2012 at 06:25 AM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Handbrake to remove DRM?
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Mmm....just tried that, and another app that reported to be able to remove DRM from iTunes media, and both just crashed

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I had always used handbrake and it will do the work for my with no issues.
    iFrog - Ernie
    Apple Forums Moderation Team
    iMac 27" mid 2011 i7 3.4GHz, 16GB Ram, 2TB HD and 1GB Video Card
    iPhone 4 Black 32Gb - iOS 6.0.1 - iPad Mini Black 64GB Wifi - iOS 6.0.1
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for AppleForums.net

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Mmmm....OK, just deleted a movie that was already there, and the ones I imported suddenly appeared. And started to download a TV series from the iTunes store, and the imported ones appeared too....no idea what was going on, but all is how I want it now...iTunes must have got it's knickers in a twist!!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Glad to see it is working for ya..

That's a weird one alright.. Let's hope it don't happen again..
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JezzerP View Post
    Mmmm....OK, just deleted a movie that was already there, and the ones I imported suddenly appeared. And started to download a TV series from the iTunes store, and the imported ones appeared too....no idea what was going on, but all is how I want it now...iTunes must have got it's knickers in a twist!!
    Hmm! Sounds like that Movie file was corrupted and it played havoc in iTunes processes. I've had an ebook do that until I deleted it...
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    My computer is doing the same thing. I did the update to 10.7.4 and iTunes no longer shows new movies added. Every movie I add never shows in my movies section of iTunes but shows up on my appleTV 2 and is an option to sync to my iPhone. I can watch it on the appleTV and sync it to my phone but when I remove the movie from my computer, it still shows on the appleTV, still not in iTunes, and gives me an error when I try to watch it. Normally it's not a huge deal except for the fact that I added a movie I don't want shared because the cover pic is something I don't want seen and there is no way of removing it from iTunes and everyone can see the image. I have to turn off home sharing until it is fixed.

Remove Ads

Ads