Time Machine backup stopped by MacBookPro OS system

This is a discussion on Time Machine backup stopped by MacBookPro OS system within the Mac Applications forums, part of the Mac Software category; Greetings...I have a MacBookPro (Late 2011) running the most current version (10.12). I have a 1 tb Thunderbolt external drive that I have reformatted to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By irishboy81

Thread: Time Machine backup stopped by MacBookPro OS system

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Time Machine backup stopped by MacBookPro OS system

Greetings...I have a MacBookPro (Late 2011) running the most current version (10.12). I have a 1 tb Thunderbolt external drive that I have reformatted to backup my MacBookPro (current file size about 600GB). I know it will take hours to do a whole new backup. I've turned off to Never the power settings. Despite this after several hours of backing up when I return I find the following: 1) Screen is off; 2) after touching the space bar to wake up it requires that I log back on with my password; 3)Time machine icon says "Waiting to continue backup". My question is how can I turn off the screen but continue to run the machine for 12+ hours to do a complete backup? Thanks in advance for your help and expertise.....Pat O'Brien

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    In Energy Saver do you have the boxed ticked for "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off"?
    If it isn't then tick the box.
    MacBook Pro Retina - macOS Sierra
    iPad Pro- iOS 10
    iPhone 7 Plus

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Interestingly, when I open up the Energy Saver in Sys Pref. it shows a window that does not have a tick box for the above. It is a late 2011 MacBook Pro which has tick boxes for "Put Hd to sleep when possible" unticked; "Wake for network access" ticked; on the "Power Adapter " choice. I checked on my Mac Pro (2013) and see the box you are referring to but it is not on my MacBookPro (late 2011). Thanks for your thoughts....
    Poisonivy likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads