Time Machine "cleaning up"

This is a discussion on Time Machine "cleaning up" within the Mac Applications forums, part of the Mac Software category; Hello again. I am not pretty sure if this is the right section, having a problem with time machine (software) on a time capsule (hardware?) ...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Time Machine "cleaning up"

Hello again. I am not pretty sure if this is the right section, having a problem with time machine (software) on a time capsule (hardware?)

By the way: I have a macbook air 13' (early 2015) running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4, and a Time Capsule A1409.
    The time capsule is not full by far, it has actually a Terabyte of free space out of 2.

I had noted, in the past, that backups of dates that I tought I should have had were greyed-out, as if they were too old (the hard drive has never been far from full in the past, either) but I wasn't sure and I still not am, so I didn't give importance to that.

What seems weird now, and the reason why I'm asking, is that Time Machine is performing a cleaning up. Why is that, having so much free space? Is it compressing old files maybe, or deleting them?

I could not find any option to limit the space dedicated to time machine, so I have always assumed that this kind of operation should have been performed when there was not space enough, which is not the case.

Thank you in advance for any help!

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads