None of my iPhoto videos are "compatible" with my iPad???

This is a discussion on None of my iPhoto videos are "compatible" with my iPad??? within the Mac Applications forums, part of the Mac Software category; It seems none of the videos in iPhoto will sync with my iPad, unless they were originally shot with the iPad?! I'm not sure how ...

Member #

None of my iPhoto videos are "compatible" with my iPad???

It seems none of the videos in iPhoto will sync with my iPad, unless they were originally shot with the iPad?! I'm not sure how long this has been going on!!!

Before I'm asked: YES!!! "Include videos" is checked in iTunes, and YES!!! the videos are in fact compatible with the iPad!!!!!! The same videos, if imported with the camera connection kit, can play perfectly well on the device!!! However, once synced with iPhoto and deleted from the iPad, they simply refuse to sync back!!!!!

I've tried all the obvious "fixes" repeatedly, over the course of several days, (restart computer, reset iPad, restore iPad, reinstall iTunes, clear iPhoto catch, reinstall iPhoto, rebuild iPhoto library, vial language, prayer, witchcraft, a hammer) ...and I've had no luck. HELP!!!?!!?!!!?

David Lones

Relevant information:
    iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1
    iTunes 10.5.1
    iPhoto '11 9.2.1
    Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    The only thing I can think of, off the top of my head, is maybe a format problem possibly??

You don't sync content to your iPad using iPhoto, you do it using iTunes.

Maybe you can remove all the albums to be sync with the Ipad and set them again ??

I had an error saying something like, .movie not supported on mine a while back..

I had to save a video from iPhoto out to file and open with Quicktime and then resave it and let iTunes sync it to GoodReader in order to see it on my iPAD.

So why do I need a third party tool and a work around to get all of the Apple tools to work for my iPad when they seamlessly work for my iPod?

Somebody else told me a while back in an Apple forum,

You can't sync movies between iphoto and the ipad before deleting the original movies from the ipad.

Don't know if that is indeed true, w/o a third party app.
    This is a major oversight by Apple, if this indeed true..
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyscott21 View Post
    The only thing I can think of, off the top of my head, is maybe a format problem possibly??
    You don't sync content to your iPad using iPhoto, you do it using iTunes.
    Any iOS device with images or video in its "camera roll" or otherwise imported using the "camera connection kit", can be connected directly to iPhoto for transfers from the device to the iPhoto Library (just as any ordinary physical camera).

Also, as I previously stated, I know for a fact it is not a formatting issue. Just to tripple-check things, I manually copied a video file directly from the iPhoto library to a blank SD card and attempted to transfer said video to the iPad using the camera connection kit... The video imported successfully and seems to play perfectly well, just as before with the original files on my camera! iTunes seems to just refuse to sync video from my iPhoto library!!!!
    Last edited by davidlones365; 12-02-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    I do know this from 2-3 weeks ago, I think, there was an issue with screen resolutions when doing the transferring.
    Somehow, the iPad had a somewhat of a bug in it when it came to this.

I am not sure if it was just a iPad 1 or 2, not sure if it was both..

Also, the latest beta I am using, does not have this issue anymore with that..
    I would have to check into the beta a little further to see if the bug was indeed
    fixed in this current beta, as I don't recall seeing any notes that it was addressed with this beta.

I may be wrong on this, but, I am pretty certain there was a bug with this exact issue, just lately...

The screen res. was causing a glitch in iPad, as some of the formats, resolutions, were not being seen for some reason or other.
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Remove Ads

Ads