iTunes is constantly freezing after every mouse-click...

This is a discussion on iTunes is constantly freezing after every mouse-click... within the Mac Applications forums, part of the Mac Software category; All I'm trying to do as add a few playlists to my iPad 2. When it's connected through either Wi-Fi or USB, while I'm trying ...

Member #

iTunes is constantly freezing after every mouse-click...

All I'm trying to do as add a few playlists to my iPad 2.
    When it's connected through either Wi-Fi or USB, while I'm trying to manage any of my iPads settings, iTunes completely freezes after EVERY mouse-click.

Example:
    I click on my iPad in the iTunes sidebar ..."Spinning Beach-ball" for several seconds.
    I click on the "Music" tab at the top ..."Spinning Beach-ball" for another minute or two.
    I check one playlist ..."Spinning Beach-ball" for 5 minutes!!! (...not exaggerating.)
    I finally click "Sync" or "Apply" ...more "Spinning Beach-ball"!
    It finally starts to sync ..."Spinning Beach-ball" periodically every few minutes.
    In the end, the sync cancels itself before it's ever even put the new music on the device!!
    iTunes completely freezes and I have to force quit!!!

As usual, I've tried everything I know how to do, short of witchcraft and bashing things with a large hammer!!! I've restarted both the iPad and computer, completely wiped and restored the iPad (at least twice since this issue arose), reinstalled iTunes, screamed at the top of my lungs, and rebuilt my iTunes library from scratch (which I can't do again for another 90 days, as I have iTunes Match activated). Also, this only seems to happen with my devices using my iTunes library. Using the exact same install of iTunes on the same user, I can open an alternate iTunes library (with a different music collection) and sync my sisters iPad and iPod with no problems. It's as if iTunes literally just hates me (or at least my taste in music)!!!

Any help is apreciated!

David Lones

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
    iOS 5.1
    iTunes 10.6.1

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads