Muting Individual Applications

This is a discussion on Muting Individual Applications within the Mac Audio forums, part of the Mac Applications category; Hey. I've been looking around for a while and haven't been able to find an answer to something that's bugging me. Is there any way, ...

Member #

Muting Individual Applications

Hey.

I've been looking around for a while and haven't been able to find an answer to something that's bugging me.
    Is there any way, that does not involve downloaded software, to mute applications individually? The only answers I've been able to find for this are related to 'Audio Hijack'. It simply allows the user to mute applications individually, as far as I've read. Despite the free option of downloading the trial, I'd rather not use it. I dislike the idea of downloading applications for singular purposes, when there must be a way around it.

All I'm trying to do Is mute a flash game that doesn't have the option to do so.
    Is there a possible applescript that can do it, or any other way?

Any suggestions would be appreciated :) Thanks.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    There is nothing built into the operating system that can do what you require, and you rely on developers to build audio control into individual applications where appropriate. Running an AppleScript would be just the same as running a third party application to mute individual apps, so I'm not quite sure how else you are going to do it other than by using this app you have found.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Remove Ads

Ads