Retrode brings SNES and Genesis gaming to your Mac

This is a discussion on Retrode brings SNES and Genesis gaming to your Mac within the Mac Games forums, part of the Mac Software category; The folks over at Retrode have come up with a new USB adapter for Macs and Windows PCs that lets you play Super Nintendo and ...

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    315 times

Retrode brings SNES and Genesis gaming to your Mac

The folks over at Retrode have come up with a new USB adapter for Macs and Windows PCs that lets you play Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis games using the original game cartridges and controllers.

The Retrode is a little device that you can use to plug your SNES and Genesis cartridges into, and play the games on your computer. The device is basically a cartridge reader that can play the official ROM and save file off your cartridge. You'll still need to find and install a software emulator of the game console you want to run (it's not provided by Retrode), but it's a much safer alternative to downloading illegal and potentially virus-ridden ROMs.

The Retrode is also equipped with four controller ports for SNES and Genesis controllers (two per system), letting you fully relive those golden years of console gaming. Imagine playing Super Street Fighter II Turbo again with a six-button Sega controller. Or, if you've still got your copy of Chrono Trigger lying around, you can finally get around to see all 13 endings with your original save file from 17 years ago.

The Retrode is available for pre-order now for $85 directly from Retrode. Shipments are expected to begin on January 23 for Europe and early February here in the States.

Retro gaming is pretty available these days between the Wii Virtual console, Game Room on the Xbox 360, and PSN Classics. But it always feels a little off playing old games without the original controller, and there's something blasphemous about playing Sonic 2 on a Nintendo system.

1-3-12

Source

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    bring all the classic sega games to the mac.. good idea I wonder if I have any of the cartridges some where

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    315 times
    It wasn't to long ago people were just giving that stuff away..

I still own quite a large number of those types of games from different manufacturers, play station, Nintendo, and what ever else laying around.
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    I have never owned a games console Always done my gaming on a PC.

Remove Ads

Ads