Mac Games Here:

This is a discussion on Mac Games Here: within the Mac Games forums, part of the Mac Software category; I’ve been a huge fan of The Sims franchise since I first laid my hands on the original version back in 2000. Since then, I’ve ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Mac Games Here:

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    315 times

Garnar frash! The Sims 4 is coming to Mac

I’ve been a huge fan of The Sims franchise since I first laid my hands on the original version back in 2000. Since then, I’ve played every major version, a large number of the expansion packs, and the freemium version for iOS… but never The Sims 4.

That’s because despite having been launched on PC back in September last year, the fourth incarnation of the popular people simulator has yet to make it onto Mac.

Fortunately that’s about to change, since The Sims 4 developers have finally announced that a Mac version of the game is coming next month. Here’s what we know about it so far:

For one thing, there’s no definite release date, although EA has announced that February 2015 will be the launch month. The version will also be “priced similarly” to the PC version, although people who already own a version of the PC game will get a Mac copy for free. It’s also not known whether yo’ll be able to share games cross-platform, so it may be that Mac players will have to start their neighbourhoods up again from scratch.

All in all, the wait may turn out to be no bad thing. The PC version was missing some pretty notable features (swimming pools, for one thing) when it first shipped. Unless EA decides to be bizarrely cruel, Mac gamers should be able to jump into playing a title that has had the benefit of an extra six months of development time.

It’s enough to make you yell “Wetash!” (Simlish for “yes!”)

Here’s the game trailer if you’ve not seen it before.

1-14-15

Source

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    315 times

Elder Scrolls Online is coming to consoles, Mac without a subscription

Now you can join in the fun on console or Mac/PC without a monthly fee

The Elder Scrolls Online is a massive online role-playing game that lets you join up with your friends to explore the vast realm of Tamriel, the world featured in various high-fantasy games like Oblivion and Skyrim.

Bethesda Softworks has just dropped the subscription model from its award-winning massively multiplayer online (MMO) game, and is bringing the massive virtual world to current-generation consoles like the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well as updating the PC and Mac versions of the game to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.
    New players will pay a one-time fee for the whole game, without a monthly fee cramping their style, starting on console in June and March 17 for PC/Mac players.

“Our fans are our biggest inspiration, and we’ve listened to their feedback on the entertainment experience they want,” said game director Matt Firor in a statement. “We know that Elder Scrolls fans want choice when it comes to how they play and how they pay, and that is what they will get. We have made numerous changes to the game over the past year, and are confident this is a game that Elder Scrolls fans will love to play.”

The new Tamriel Unlimited edition will include all the same stuff from the original PC/Mac version of the game, as well as all the new updates and content editions, including the new Justice and Champion systems.

If you have an existing account, open or closed, you’ll get an invitation to return to Tamriel in March. New players will pay for the game once and then play as much or as little as they want.

The new business model is one that Sony Online Entertainment has been successful with in the past with DC Universe and Planetfall — there will be special, optional downloadable content and customization items available for purchase, much like many free-to-play computer and mobile games. There will also be a special club you can join, called ESO Plus, that will give you exclusive in-game bonuses, a monthly allowance of in-game currency to spend in the online store, and access to all DLC game packs. All of this will be available for a monthly fee, letting hardcore Elder Scrolls Online players continue to support the game.

1-21-15

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    315 times

Stealth game République Remastered gets even more gorgeous on Mac

You are her only Hope

République Remastered is the gorgeously rebooted Mac and PC version of Seattle-based Camoflaj’s intriguing episodic stealth video game that originally came out for iPad and iPhone in December of 2013.

The development team took the opportunity to completely revamp the game within the updated game engine, Unity, moving the entire project from Unity 4 to Unity 5. By making this the first game release ever with the Unity 5 engine, they got early access to the engine in return for documenting their process.

“When Unity 5 was announced we saw our chance to make good on our two-year old promise to make a PC and Mac version of République,” writes the team on the Unity blog. “In addition to spending months completely reworking the game’s controls and UI, we knew we’d benefit from an increased wow factor on this new platform. From our dumpy office in downtown Bellevue (surrounded by industry titans like Bungie and Valve), we’ve put our heart and soul into this ambitious and at times, difficult, project.”

Check out the official game trailer below to see how they succeeded in making this already stunning game even more gorgeous.

If you’ve played the game on an iPad, you’ll immediately notice a massive upgrade in the visuals for the Mac version, which is available via Steam, GOG, and via the Humble Bundle store. It’s available now for 20 percent off the typical $25 price as a launch game.

You play as Hope, a woman trapped inside a mysterious totalitarian state in this dystopian stealth game. You’ll have to help Hope by hacking into an elaborate surveillance network to get her past guards, cameras, and many other obstacles along the way. There are three of five planned episodes available now, but your purchase will include all five when they release. The high-end voice talent includes superstars David Hayter (Metal Gear Solid) and Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect, Bioshock Infinite)

The environments are even more stunning with Unity 5

République Remastered is a delightful experience, made even more immersive by the higher resolution graphics and updated engine. The touch controls have been nicely changed to keyboard and mouse controls, making the Mac version my current favorite way to play this game.

Better yet, the development team documented the process of changing over to the new Unity 5 development platform. They’ve got a very technical series of five videos you can watch on the Unity website, or on YouTube, as below.

2-26-15

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    315 times

Watch nearly an hour of new ‘Assassin’s Creed Syndicate’ gameplay footage

There were two objectives in the demo. The first was to take out ten members of a rival gang, which I accomplished as quickly and efficiently as I could by scaling up nearby buildings with the new rope launching, using environmental traps when I could and taking out my pistol as a last resort.

Clambering around the edges of buildings still feels awkward, but being able to move across the city with the rope launcher is a major improvement. It’ll also lead to much more entertaining chases, as it was always the most frustrating part of an Assassin’s Creed game to be caught on the side of a building while trying to escape.

After I’d dispatched the ten gang members, I had to chase a woman called Bloody Nora through the streets of London. After racing on foot for a few seconds, Nora jumped into a carriage and sped ahead. I stole a carriage of my own and followed close behind, trampling pedestrians as I tried to keep pace.

7-20-15

Assassin?s Creed Syndicate gameplay footage: Watch the demo here | BGR

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    315 times

Just three days after launching for Windows, the latest installment of the long-running Civilization strategy series, Civilization VI, has come to macOS after three years of development.

The title, developed by Firaxis and ported to macOS by Aspyr, changes the formula of the game somewhat, and places more emphasis on the terrain around a city, which can be developed into districts. Other new features include research on the game's technology tree based on nearby terrain, a tree for cultural improvements, better government civics structure, and new artificial intelligence mechanics.

Minimum requirements for the game are OS X 10.11 El Capitan or macOS 10.12 Sierra, a quad-core i5 processor running at 2.7 GHz or faster, 6 gigabytes of RAM, and 15 gigabytes of storage space. Minimum GPU requirements are a Radeon HD 6790, GeForce 775M, or Iris Pro. The game does not support Metal at this time.

Civilization VI is available now on Steam for $60 - a single purchase allows play on macOS and Windows. The title will arrive on the Mac App Store in coming days.

10-25-16

Source

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Remove Ads

Ads