Mac Games Here:

This is a discussion on Mac Games Here: within the Mac Games forums, part of the Mac Software category; Gameloft continues to make friends with all the right people as Hollywood seems to be trusting them to create the official mobile games to accompany ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac Games Here:

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

Mac Games Here:

Gameloft continues to make friends with all the right people as Hollywood seems to be trusting them to create the official mobile games to accompany their summer blockbusters. First they teamed up with Marvel and Sony Pictures to bring the official Amazing Spiderman and now they’ve teamed up with Warner Brothers Games and DC Comics to bring the official Dark Knight Rises to Android and iOS this summer.

The Dark Knight Rises from Gameloft looks to be an open-world 3D action game similar to the Amazing Spiderman. While specifics are scarce, I’m betting it will feature similar gameplay such as:

An immersive universe that stays true to the upcoming film

Full 3D action

Familiar characters and environments

Players will explore the city, protect the citizens, develop their skills and discover amazing powers.

Expect the release to coincide with the movie launch this summer and expect to pay anywhere from $2.99 to $6.99. When we get some more information we’ll let you know. Until then, here’s the iOS trailer which should be on par with what to expect across both platforms.

6-14-12

Source

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

Portal + Super Mario Bros = Mari0

What happens when you merge classic Super Mario Bros with the modern classic Portal? It’s hectic, it’s a ton of fun, it’s Mari0. Basically you get old school Mario re-imagined with a portal gun and a variety of Portal puzzles and mechanics. There’s also an insane four player co-op mode, level editor, and downloadable third party map packs.

Mari0 is completely free for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux, download it from the developer below:

Download Mari0 now

The game is somewhat maniacal but that’s what makes it fun. As expected, controls are a cross between Mario and Portal: Left-clicking a mouse will shoot the entry portal, and a right-click gives you the exit portal. Mario himself is moved around with either the arrow keys or the classic WASD triangle with spacebar as jump.

Grab the game now, or check out the video below if you aren’t convinced yet:

You might want to grab this quick though, as LoopInsight mentions, Nintendo probably won’t let this one stick around for long.

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

Asphalt 7: Heat To Launch Tonight In The U.S.

On the tail of their 2010 release, Asphalt 6: Adrenaline, Gameloft’s Asphalt 7: Heat should be hitting the U.S. App Store later tonight and will be a universal app.

Choose from over 60 different cars from the world’s most prestigious manufacturers, including Ferrari, Lamborghini and Aston Martin. Now, for the first time in an Asphalt title, you can take it to 88 in a DeLorean. Race on 15 different tracks set in real cities like Hawaii, Paris, London, Miami and Rio.

Asphalt 7: Heat features a completely revamped multiplayer. You can race up to five of your friends locally or online. The new Asphalt Tracker allows you compare stats, show off achievements and challenge rivals. The online matchmaking system makes it easier than ever to find new opponents.

Asphalt 7: Heat pushes the limits of the Retina display. The lighting effects on each car are superb, while the cars themselves look better than those in most other iOS racers.

When it hits the App Store, Asphalt 7: Heat will be a $0.99 purchase. For a game that looks great and will play just as well, $0.99 is a bargain. Unfortunately, the presence of in-app purchases may be a bad sign. You can purchase in-game currency and “Asphalt Stars,” which will presumably be used for unlockable goodies in the game.

If in-app purchases don’t bother you, keep checking in on the App Store for Asphalt 7: Heat to hit.

6-20-12

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

Mac Games Here:

One of our favorite iOS games here at Cult of Mac is Robot Entertainment’s maniacally fun turn-based strategy game, Hero Academy. Now it’s coming to Mac, and bringing the heroes from Team Fortress 2 along with it.

The idea of Hero Academy is deceiptively simple: on a tiny battlefield, you use a team of heroes to either kill all of your opponent’s warriors or destroy their power crystals. Where Hero Academy really excels, though, is in giving you a choice of fantastic different teams with vastly different powers to choose from, and Robot Entertainment has added cool new teams to the game every couple of months to keep things fresh.

So we’re delighted to report a couple of things. First of all, Hero Academy is coming to the Mac on August 8th through Steam. Second? If you order Steam for Mac, you get access to all of the heroes from Valve Software’s incredible team-based shooter, Team Fortress 2, to use on any device… even your iPhone or iPad!

6-29-12

Source

Member #

Mac Games Here:

Hello all.
    So, I want to play the Sims 3 on my laptop. I've played the Sims 3 on the iMac, and it has worked perfectly, with the exception with lag here or there.

However, I just got a new Macbook Pro. I would love to play the Sims 3 on it. Will my laptop be able to handle it?

Here are the specs:
    13.3 inches
    Mid-2012
    Processor: 2.5GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD 4000 384MB
    Software: Lion 10.7.4

Thanks for your help! :)
    ~AppleGeek

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Well I have the previous model 13" MBP which has an Intel HD 3000 graphics chip, and I can play EVE online just fine. Sure, I have to rack the detail down a bit and the fans do tend to scream a bit, but it copes admirably. I would have thought yours would play the Sims OK.....only one way to find out

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

The Dark Knight Rises Game Coming To iOS On July 20th

Right in time for the release of the movie, Gameloft has released a new teaser trailer for its upcoming The Dark Knight Rises game.

Gameloft is quite experienced in translating the hype surrounding a movie into a game, and many such games like Shrek, Iron Man and Avatar have been received quite well.

According to the two trailers released up till now, the gameplay will include fight sequences, gliding through Gotham city, driving the Batmobile, all of course with Batman as the lead character.|/p>

Here are the two trailers:

The game releases on the 20th of this`month on the App Store. Going by Gameloft's previous movie titles on the App Store, the app might be priced somewhere around $4.99.

7-15-12

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

Mac Games Here:

Blizzard has announced that the fourth expansion for World of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria, will be released for Mac and PC on September 25.
    Unlock The Mysteries of Pandaria

You've ended Deathwing's destructive rampage and saved the dragonflights from extinction.

Now you must unlock the mysteries of the lost continent and discover the dark secrets of Pandaria's past. Explore ancient kingdoms hidden since before the Sundering, plunder vast treasures from the depths of the forgotten vaults, and rise to defend Pandaria from the shadow of a long buried evil - before it's too late.

As is typical for Blizzard, it will be offering two versions of Mists of Pandaria: a standard edition for $39.99 and a deluxe edition for $59.99 that includes a unique in-game mount, pet, and banner.

Users can pre-purchase Mists of Pandaria via Blizzard's Battle.net service and begin playing at midnight on release day.

7-25-12

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

Play Chess Online Against Friends or Random Opponents in OS X Mountain Lion

You can now play Chess over the internet with friends or random opponents with the help of GameCenter. If you already have a GameCenter account from the iOS world you don’t need to do much, but if you’re new to Gamecenter just be sure to have iCloud set up first and then follow these quick instructions:

Launch Chess, found in /Applications/

Wait a second or two for a GameCenter notification to popup across the Chess screen, if you haven’t set up a GameCenter username yet choose to do that

Now pull down the “Game” menu and choose “New Game”, pulling down the “Players” menu to select “GameCenter Match”

Choose “New Game” then select a GameCenter friend, or choose “Auto-Match” to play against a random opponent found online

The wait time for random matches is often listed as “Over 2 minutes” but every game I’ve played gets paired up against random opponents almost instantaneously.

Much more fun than playing against a computer, enjoy!

9-1-12

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times

Gameplay For Rovio’s Bad Piggies Exposed In Latest Teaser Trailer

It looks like those little green hamlets have been filling their noggins with all sorts of engineering tidbits. Armed with nothing more than a few spare parts and ingenuity, these Bad Piggies are set to take off and conquer Android, iOS, PC and Mac come September 27. Rovio has teased us once or twice already, but this is the first time we get to see the actual gameplay of this upcoming Angry Birds spin-off.

The game mechanics appear to blend the physics flying acrobats of Angry Birds with the contraption building puzzle solving of Amazing Alex. I liken these Bad Piggies to the early Wright Brothers — if the Wright Brothers had an insatiable appetite for eggs.
    I’m not sure if Bad Piggies has was it takes to reach the star studded status of their angry avian adversaries, but we’ll find out soon enough.

9-17-12

Source

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads