screen saver photos - how to "go back to a photo"

This is a discussion on screen saver photos - how to "go back to a photo" within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; Is there yet a way to "arrow back" to a photo that shows up on screen saver? I see lots of photos come up on ...

Member #

screen saver photos - how to "go back to a photo"

Is there yet a way to "arrow back" to a photo that shows up on screen saver? I see lots of photos come up on my screen saver that I cannot seem to find in my 12K photos. I want to go back to them. I don't know how to... Thanks in advance!

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    I guess I do not understand the question?

You should be able to see your photos or screensaver photos, in the settings.
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Member #
    Wh at I mean is on the screen saver, I see photos show up in random fashion (as they were set to do) and they last 5 seconds each (or so). out of the more than 10 thousand photos I have on my computer, I often see a photo I want to see again (or get to) and cannot. There seems to be no key on the keyboard that allows me to "go back" to look at the photo that just disappeared. every key I touch stops the screen saver and takes me to finder or whatever was already on my screen before the screen saver started. in iPhoto I cannot find these photos without scrolling through every picture. Is this any clearer? I hope so. Please let me know if it is not. Thanks for the reply!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    So, if I got this right, you are using iPhoto??

Next question, are you using Lion, or Snow Leopard?

This way I will know more of the story.Ya might try this meanwhile,

to select just a few pictures, highlight them all in iPhoto using Cmd or Shift, then click the "Desktop" button. This adds them to your Desktop and Screen Saver settings as a new folder called "iPhoto Selection," where you can change timings as usual.

I think it will allow you to see all the photos in thumbnail for finding them easier....
    If this is not what you are wanting, or don't work, let me know, as I will find
    out another way..
    Mac Pro '08
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro

Member #
    Let me try to do a better job to explain what I am wanting. I have my screensaver set to fade iPhoto pictures in and out when the screensaver turns on. As the photos from iPhoto fade in and out in random sequence, I occasionally see photos that I want to see again or want to have more time with in that moment. On a PC, I can use the keyboard arrows to go back to the previous photo (back or forwards) as if it were a regular slide show. On my iMac with Snow Leopard, ANY key I touch stops the screensaver. There is no way for me to see that picture again (or even find it in my thousands of photos I have on my computer) -- So, is there a way to "freeze" the slideshow on screensaver ? Or is there a way to "go back to the previous picture" on the screensaver (using iphoto photos)? Let's see if this is more understandable! Thanks!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    This a a site that should help you out more than what I know about this subject..

Slideshow – the hidden feature of Mac OS X
    Mac Pro '08
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro

Member #

Question Want to Access Pictures Shown in Screensaver.

I'm looking for a screensaver that does what the originator of this thread was seeking. That is, like the available slideshow screensaver found in 10.8 (and some earlier), the contents of a folder with pictures is shown randomly. BUT, if I see a picture I want to access and use, want to be able to 'click' on it or otherwise get to the file. Ideas?

Remove Ads

Ads