Thoughts on OSX 10.7 Lion?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on OSX 10.7 Lion? within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; I know we are only a couple of weeks away from the release of Lion, but for those who are currently using it what are ...

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Thoughts on OSX 10.7 Lion?

I know we are only a couple of weeks away from the release of Lion, but for those who are currently using it what are your thoughts? Is it a worthy upgrade?

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Haven't had a chance to test it out yet but the reviews I've read seem generally positive. But that's the great thing about Apple.... slow and methodical release without much radical changes, just nice improvements that make real world impacts.

Looking forward to trying it within the next couple of days.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Hello all :)

Not really very impressed with it, for a new os i would of expected more changes, plus i dont think i discovered half of them yet lol

Firstly i hated how the trackpad swipes where changed and even though i was able to change it back in the settings it was a bit annoying having to do so... I love the new mail app along with launchpad and the four finger swipe up when you have a tone of apps open and the fact when you shut down you have the choice to resume if you like and also your username gets put on the top right not sure if it will ever come in handy but i like it..

Also Safari i loved the animated two finger swipe where you move back or forward but the thing is that does not work in google chrome or firefox or seamonkey or any of those browsers so i had to change it back to the three swipe which really was a new feature in lion i had to disable because i dont use safari and if i left the two finger swipe then when i try in chrome it takes me back to the dashboard.

speed? well my macbook pro is from mid 2010 and a low end range so its always been slow lol but other then that i dont know what else is worth a mention or have any thoughts on? but upgrade was easy/fast and i like how it upgrades and not restore the computer

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Unleashed, how much RAM does your Macbook Pro have? Perhaps an upgrade there would make a huge difference. I recommend at least 4GB of RAM... I put an SSD in my Macbook Pro as well and it surely helped :)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyApple View Post
    Unleashed, how much RAM does your Macbook Pro have? Perhaps an upgrade there would make a huge difference. I recommend at least 4GB of RAM... I put an SSD in my Macbook Pro as well and it surely helped :)
    those SSD's are very expensive i think when i last saw it the 512GB one cost more then the whole laptop lol, what size did you put in?

well the thing is since its my first mac i went for the low end one just in case i did not like it. and of course i loved it so my next mac will be one with high end specs.. maybe an imac.

But these are the specs i took from Linkinus.

ystem Info: Model: MacBook Pro (LED Unibody) CPU Speed: 2 @ 2.4 GHz L2: 3 MB RAM: 4 GB OS X: Version 10.7 (Build 11A511) Hostname: MacBook Pro

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed View Post
    those SSD's are very expensive i think when i last saw it the 512GB one cost more then the whole laptop lol, what size did you put in?

well the thing is since its my first mac i went for the low end one just in case i did not like it. and of course i loved it so my next mac will be one with high end specs.. maybe an imac.

But these are the specs i took from Linkinus.

ystem Info: Model: MacBook Pro (LED Unibody) CPU Speed: 2 @ 2.4 GHz L2: 3 MB RAM: 4 GB OS X: Version 10.7 (Build 11A511) Hostname: MacBook Pro
    I am not home but I believe it's a 160GB Intel SSD, the older generation. They have definitely come down in price but still not cheap... you can get something decent for under $300 though.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyApple View Post
    I am not home but I believe it's a 160GB Intel SSD, the older generation. They have definitely come down in price but still not cheap... you can get something decent for under $300 though.
    thats impressive, though i imagine not from apple lol because they charge extra, $300 is good at for sure affordable! and how much ram and processor speed?

Remove Ads

Ads