About to download lion Help!

This is a discussion on About to download lion Help! within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; Help please I have recently read that before I download Lion I should remove "MacFuse" I have seen it on my mac ,should I remove ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times

About to download lion Help!

Help please I have recently read that before I download Lion I should remove "MacFuse" I have seen it on my mac ,should I remove it and is it just a case of moving it to the bin. I don't know what it is for and do I need it? Another app I have is Right Zoom should I get rid of that as well because Lion will have full screen. Please help 

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Macette View Post
    Help please I have recently read that before I download Lion I should remove "MacFuse" I have seen it on my mac ,should I remove it and is it just a case of moving it to the bin. I don't know what it is for and do I need it? Another app I have is Right Zoom should I get rid of that as well because Lion will have full screen. Please help 
    Ok, I have done a bit of googling and found this, Lion will break MacFuse which appears to be the problem.....see here http://www.fatframe.com/2011/07/25/m...-os-10-7-lion/ to delete it I would spotlight search MacFuse and see if there are any other associated files, move them to the bin then empty the trash.

Right zoom doesn't appear to have the same problems if you read the comments after the text on this page http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/30591/right-zoom but if it were me I would delete this also. You can always reinstall afterwards if you want it.
    The Archangel

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Hi Gabriel , ok I put macFuse in the finder search. A whole page of stuff came up I deleted all that had macFuse written under it packages etc and updates and then there is other stuff it's like a page with GMAppleDouble.h then another with GMFinderInfo.h and GMResourceFork.h GMUserFileSystem.h that's the last four and the pages have a red .h on it are these part of macFuse they were all on the same window ? will wait for reply before I delete these too

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    It's ok I think Gabreil I was able to get to macFuse preference pane and it gave an option to remove macFuse so clicked and all those pages are gone. So I think that's it phew !! I'm off to remove right zoom now

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Sorry, I missed your replies, good to hear it's all sorted now.......I'm looking forward to hearing how the update goes!
    The Archangel

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I really hope it's not eventful lol I think I'm ready ! Watch this space !

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    My fingers are crossed!
    The Archangel

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    The Lion is making his way to my mac waaaaaaaaaaa ! Started at 8.43 fingers crossed for smooth download

Administrator
    Brisbane, Australia 18 hours ahead of USA West Coast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I experienced no problems at all I have since updated about 15 clients computers all went del.

Older versions of MYOB and any thing that requires rosetta will need to be upgraded

If you just purchased a mac the down load is free however you must register it with apple to obtain a redemption for 29 dollars

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Col.bris View Post
    I experienced no problems at all I have since updated about 15 clients computers all went del.Older versions of MYOB and any thing that requires rosetta will need to be upgraded If you just purchased a mac the down load is free however you must register it with apple to obtain a redemption for 29 dollars
    first part has gone well taking half hour I'm now on the install bit says 33 min but will see. My mac is not new it's a year and half old so not free lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads