Hackintosh?

This is a discussion on Hackintosh? within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; Originally Posted by Biobunny Lemme explain, Hackintoshes (which according to my iPad are mackintoshes) are Mac OS X running on non-apple hardware, although there are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hackintosh?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Biobunny View Post
    Lemme explain, Hackintoshes (which according to my iPad are mackintoshes) are Mac OS X running on non-apple hardware, although there are minimal changes. In order to build or convert a PC into a Hackintosh you have to have specific hardware and then modify the BIOS. Then you'll have to boot up a EFI such as: The Empire EFI, TonyMac (something), or boot132. Well the stuffs complicated and google's your friend. Well Hackintoshes are really cheap, as with just $1000 you could end up with a Hack Pro with power beating the Mac pro. I could help you for some stuff in case you want to build/convert one, as the last time I visited the OSX86 forums it showed lots of people wanting help while the forum seemed unresponsive.
    In was just going to virtualize. I think that's why the installation keeps failing, because I am not using a way to boot up efi. I just know that in the instructions I was using, they said to disable efi in settings.
    iPad 1 16gb Wi-Fi only
    iOS 5.0.0 Redsn0w Jailbroken
    iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb
    iPod Nano 4th Gen 8th
    Soon to be Verizon iPhone 4S!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iJasonTATE View Post
    Grayson, In order to effectivaly "hackintosh" you need to upgrade/change your PC's hardware.
    To make a legit one. :)
    iPad 1 16gb Wi-Fi only
    iOS 5.0.0 Redsn0w Jailbroken
    iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb
    iPod Nano 4th Gen 8th
    Soon to be Verizon iPhone 4S!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Ads