still havent downloaded Lion yet

This is a discussion on still havent downloaded Lion yet within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; Originally Posted by poisonivy thanks all,think im going to do it tomorrow,im not going to bother making a copy of snow leopard(havent got an external ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonivy View Post
    thanks all,think im going to do it tomorrow,im not going to bother making a copy of snow leopard(havent got an external hd anyway)as i havent had my mbp long i dont have much on it and i can reinstall sl with the install discs if i have to,a geek friend tells me that you dont need to save the lion install as you can go into app store and purchases and it knows you have paid so you can reinstall from there if you need to,hoping that covers everything,does that sound right?
    Well I'm sure you know my mantra.....it's never to early to make backups but it can always be too late!

Ext HD's are cheap now so no excuses.
    The Archangel

2. Ads

Member #
    Lion is a multi-tasking beast. They didn't forget about their leopard users ad have settings as ppl above have mentioned to revert the scrolling ur used to, as in lion the inverted it:) enjoy lion it's amazing

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel1 View Post
    Well I'm sure you know my mantra.....it's never to early to make backups but it can always be too late!

Ext HD's are cheap now so no excuses.
    so if i buy an external hard drive will it automatically backup snow leopard when i connect it?

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Oh my god you don't know what your in for ! You buy an external hd then you format it then you partition it then you clone it, but all in all not too bad then you load super duper and it does the rest. I was scared but I managed ok

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Macette View Post
    Oh my god you don't know what your in for ! You buy an external hd then you format it then you partition it then you clone it, but all in all not too bad then you load super duper and it does the rest. I was scared but I managed ok
    god,that sounds a bit complicated,wouldnt it be just as easy to use the install discs if i want to go back to snow leopard?

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I think it would but you wouldn't get your photos and your music which is all I was worried about . So the clone copied what was on my mac at that moment. It was worth it cause I had photos and now I should make a copy of lion I suppose 

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    my mbp is only 8wks old,not much on it yet,what does time machine do then in conjunction with the hd?

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Oh god I never started time machine , I just got the external, I think time machine is on your hard drive so you have to give up part of your hard drive for time machine, so I didn't bother. I thought my photos and music was all that mattered so I used an external. Got that then just copied iphoto on to it and singles I bought from iTunes . But was probably better off doing the clone it copied everything iTunes and photos . So will have to add more photos soon don't know if I should put them on a stick until I'm ready to clone again. That's why I will be using this forum only had my mac a year and half. I'm sure there will be people to help us 

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I personally also just use an external HD, I have 2 500GB's and a 1TB lol.
    iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM - July 2010 Model
    iPhone 4 16GB Black
    MacBook 13" 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM

d -_- b Dre Beats Studio (White)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    oh right,think i will probably just download lion at this stage,as i havent anything really to save its not much of a risk,i have the sl install discs just in case,i will look into having an external hd at some point and explore time machine later,its a real learning curve coming from pc,thanks for the input all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads