still havent downloaded Lion yet

This is a discussion on still havent downloaded Lion yet within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; I reakon you will be ok poisonivy I don't think it usually goes wrong. Do it ! You will be fine. May the force be ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I reakon you will be ok poisonivy I don't think it usually goes wrong. Do it ! You will be fine. May the force be with you lol

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonivy View Post
    god,that sounds a bit complicated,wouldnt it be just as easy to use the install discs if i want to go back to snow leopard?
    The great thing about a bootable clone on an ext HD is that if your internal HD fails you can boot instantly from your clone. Also, if you have software which isn't compatible with Lion yet you can just boot back into Snow Leopard and run it there......no need to worry about install discs, it's like having two computers available at any time you want.
    The Archangel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    [QUOTE=Gabriel1;3075]The great thing about a bootable clone on an ext HD is that if your internal HD fails you can boot instantly from your clone. Also, if you have software which isn't compatible with Lion yet you can just boot back into Snow Leopard and run it there......no need to worry about install discs, it's like having two computers available at any time you want.[/QUOTE so do they all need formatting ect before you can use them? i thought you just connected one to your mbp and it did the rest.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonivy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel1 View Post
    The great thing about a bootable clone on an ext HD is that if your internal HD fails you can boot instantly from your clone. Also, if you have software which isn't compatible with Lion yet you can just boot back into Snow Leopard and run it there......no need to worry about install discs, it's like having two computers available at any time you want.
    so do they all need formatting ect before you can use them? i thought you just connected one to your mbp and it did the rest.
    I started using Super Duper to do this years ago, it is just simplicity itself. As for the ext HD, some are already formatted for mac, some need to be formatted, its an easy process and I think Super Duper can do all this for you, if not then disc utility in OSX will sort it out.
    The Archangel

Member #
    I actually have 3 external HDs. One is 500GB that I use solely as a Time Machine. The next two are 2 TB each (one's a Seagate and the other is a Western Digital) and they were only $100 a piece. One I use to save my iMovie events and projects, my iTunes library, and all my photos, as well as a copy of my Documents folder. The other is its backup. A little overboard maybe, but it beats burning DVDs. The next thing is network storage off-site.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Thank you both,it's something to think about,I don't think I need get one any bigger than 500gb,so if I get say a 500gb would you advise using it only to clone snow leopard,or can I put other stuff on there as well?

Member #
    Wish I had reconsidered before downloading. Too many things I can easily live without, or even get much benefit from.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by juka View Post
    Wish I had reconsidered before downloading. Too many things I can easily live without, or even get much benefit from.
    you may change your mind as you get used to it,i love the slidy screens,wish they would work in chrome tho.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads