Are you purchasing the Lion upgrade today?

This is a discussion on Are you purchasing the Lion upgrade today? within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; I may have to pick it up tonight Sent from my Liberated Droid X! In a world of doesn't... Droid does!!!...

View Poll Results: Are you buying Lion today?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Definitely!

7 36.84%
  • Maybe

2 10.53%
  • Nope

10 52.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    DrivetheGreen66
    I may have to pick it up tonight

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!
    In a world of doesn't... Droid does!!!

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Installed it first thing this morning :D

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Past experience, especially with Windows products, have caused me to delay any upgrade when it is first released. Typically, our friends in Cupertino do not have the same issues, I still wait until the dust settles.

Mike

Member #

Getting Lion

I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 ... just downloaded Migration Assistant, and Safari 5.1

I will definitely get Lion, not today, but first part of next Month.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Its very strange because when i installed Lion it said i had a few updates and one of them was Itunes, i thought that was odd because i had itunes 10.5 beta 3 installed, so i updated and suddenly next thing i know i have 10.4 itunes installed lol... strange thing for Lion to think that itunes 10.4 was an upgrade from 10.5 beta 3

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'll buy it from the store if I have any spare cash around...
    Last edited by Unleashed; 07-25-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    im going to wait a little, due to the fact that there may be some bugs.
    iMac G4 1.0GHz PPC G4, 1.5GB RAM, iPad 16GB 4.3.3 JB, iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.2 JB

Member #
    Here's my experience with Lion. Two days ago, I started to download it, had a problem at the house and discontinued the download. The next day, I started it again, and we had an electrical storm come through. So my wife, without knowing I was downloading, (nothing shows up on your screen while downloading), shut down my computer. That evening when the storm was past, I started the download again for the third time. I had to update a few files to Snow Leopard before it would let me start the download this time. Finally, late in the evening I got the Lion download started. At bedtime the download was still running so I went to bed and let it continue during the night. The next morning the screen with the lion was waiting for me. I clicked Install and 33 minutes later it was completed. What a fiasco, but guess what, no problems with iTunes, not a single glitch in the software, etc.

I like to read about possible issues with new software but there seems to be no ready source for information about Lion. Anyone know of a help site?

Member #
    I never install software that ( effectively ) ends with .0

Member #
    I bought it as soon as I saw it was available and then went on Apple's website to see why things were not working. I've since deleted everything that didn't work (PPC programs) and my late 2008 MBP is like new. I've also been hooked on reading the discussions on Apple's website to see how many people are having problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads