Problems with Lion?

This is a discussion on Problems with Lion? within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; My mate downloaded Lion on his Mac Book Air. Total disaster. Microsoft word and excell would not work. Photoshop would not work. It would not ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    My mate downloaded Lion on his Mac Book Air. Total disaster. Microsoft word and excell would not work. Photoshop would not work. It would not recognise his external WD hard drive so he lost upwards of 7000 photos. Slowed his maching away down and took far longer to boot up. He was not pleased at all. Please research this before you download it.

Cheers

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Luckily, I have had 0 problems to say,
    The only problems I have had, was, some of the apps weren't available yet, so
    they just throw them away since they weren't compatible..
    Otherwise, all is good..
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyscott21 View Post
    ... some of the apps weren't available yet, so
    they just throw them away since they weren't compatible...
    Surely they don't really "throw them away"! Perhaps they are disabled pending updates?
    I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Ya, I guess that's another way of looking at it...
    But, at this moment though, they might as well be thrown away til the update are available.:)
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Member #

Unhappy Share This - Problem?

Not sure if this is a Lion problem but I use 'Share This' sometimes to send on info, I have found that since upgrading to Lion I have not been able to use the email share option because the window that opens when I select 'Share This' does not seem to give me access to the Captcha input. It is not displayed when the To/From and Message screen comes up so I assume that scrolling should be working in this window to give access to it but it doesn't - it continues to work in the window behind the Share This window. When you press Share it just comes back and says that Captcha has not been completed properly.

Have not tried investigating this further yet but has anyone had a similar experience. Its really rather a pain as 'Share This' is a useful tool.

Administrator
    Brisbane, Australia 18 hours ahead of USA West Coast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    No problems here except Rosetta or lack of which means myob Australia older versions do not work. Upgraded 12 clients now no issues hope that helps

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Had no problems at all on either of my machines. Burned a disk with the installation file and transferred it to each machine and away it went.
    iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.1
    New iPad (3) iOS 8.1.1
    iMac using Yosemite.
    MacBook Pro 9.2 running Yosemite.
    Apple TV 2nd Generation

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I have not yet... I'm going to wait. It's not all that big of a deal to me.
    iMac G4 1.0GHz PPC G4, 1.5GB RAM, iPad 16GB 4.3.3 JB, iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.2 JB

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    i didn't have any problems downloading/installing lion and haven't had any problems so far,haven't tried connecting my printer yet,heard some have had a problem with that.

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    No problems for me either. Download went well,and everything seems in order so far. I haven't hooked up my printer yet either. Just trying to get used to everything at the moment. But so far so good. Much relieved 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads