Problems with Lion?

This is a discussion on Problems with Lion? within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; Has anyone had any problems upgrading to Lion?...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Problems with Lion?

Has anyone had any problems upgrading to Lion?

2. Ads

MacLicious
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The only problem I had upgrading to Lion was that one of my apps wasn't supported so it got moved to a "disable applications" folder. It was one I rarely use anyway.

However I have noticed a couple differences after installing that may take a little getting used to:
    1. my mouse track ball now scrolls windows in the opposite direction.. That's a little annoying and I don't see anywhere in preferences to change it.
    2. spaces are now one long horizontal line as opposed to the matrix layout they used to be. I would use Cntl+arrows to switch between them quickly, and find it a little slower now (and Cntl+# is a slightly more uncomfortable reach for my fingers).
    3. I've never gotten into dashboard. Now that it has become the first of my spaces, I'm running past it all the time (still not using it, just having to scroll through to go from space 1 to space 4).
    I do like the new Mission Control which combines the spaces and windows overviews into a single page. I'm also looking forward to full screen apps and trying out the new mail client.
    Last edited by veraderock; 07-21-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I had the same problem with the mouse, here's a link how to fix it: http://www.appleforums.net/forum/os-...backwards.html

MacLicious
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by idan View Post
    I had the same problem with the mouse, here's a link how to fix it: http://www.appleforums.net/forum/os-...backwards.html
    Thanks idan, but this won't work for me. My mouse preference screen doesn't have all those options. .. May be because I'm using a Microsoft mouse with MS custom preferences (which also don't help)..

Problems with Lion?-screen-shot-2011-07-21-3.19.38-pm.png

Member #
    The only problem I've encountered is being unable to connect my Netgear Stora NAS. Gives me some error about how it is not supported. I was going nuts trying to find a fix for it. I only use this machine as a Media center and noticed that with Boxee I could connect fine, so at least now I can take my time trying to fix it a bit.

This mac mini has been my first and only mac ever so I'm not familiar at all with Mac OS so I don't really have a clue what I'm doing.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by STUFF View Post
    The only problem I've encountered is being unable to connect my Netgear Stora NAS. Gives me some error about how it is not supported. I was going nuts trying to find a fix for it. I only use this machine as a Media center and noticed that with Boxee I could connect fine, so at least now I can take my time trying to fix it a bit.

This mac mini has been my first and only mac ever so I'm not familiar at all with Mac OS so I don't really have a clue what I'm doing.
    What's the exact error your getting, maybe we can help. Also, what protocol are you using to connect to the NAS? UPNP?

MacLicious
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Fixed! .. Just had to uninstall the microsoft intellitxt mouse software properly and reboot!
    (Covered more in this thread: http://www.appleforums.net/forum/os-...s.html#post373 )

Quote Originally Posted by veraderock View Post
    Thanks idan, but this won't work for me. My mouse preference screen doesn't have all those options. .. May be because I'm using a Microsoft mouse with MS custom preferences (which also don't help)..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-07-21 at 3.19.38 PM.png 
Views:	359 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	5

Member #
    Major installation / boot problems. Disk corruption. Permissions needed verification and fixing and needed to reformat. Took 3 installs, 3rd time worked.

Member #

Cool Give your feedback please!

Everyone,

I'm waiting to see how other's experience has been before upgrading. I hope many share their experience here both good and bad. The power of forums like this is the shared experience that benefits others. Like the posts here that solve the backward scrolling.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by STUFF View Post
    The only problem I've encountered is being unable to connect my Netgear Stora NAS.
    Which model of Netgear NAS are you using? They have updates that are required for compatibility with Lion. Take a look here:

http://www.readynas.com/?p=5742

E
    njoy!

Jim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads