Login issue w/ MacBook Pro

This is a discussion on Login issue w/ MacBook Pro within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; Just encountered a problem with my MBP ('08/Snow Leopard). Laptop has been working fine, but I shut it down earlier today And when I turned ...

Member #

Login issue w/ MacBook Pro

Just encountered a problem with my MBP ('08/Snow Leopard).

Laptop has been working fine, but I shut it down earlier today And when I turned it back on I got this:
    1- everything booted normally, went straight to login screen (two accounts)
    2- type in password, starts to load, but after a while it changes from my account name and picture to the... Uh, no smoking-style sign? It's a circle with a line through it, I can't recall what the symbol is called.

Anyways, login screen stays gray, just displays that symbol with the loading wheel underneath and nothing else is displayed and nothing happens. This happened completely out of the blue and I get the same occurrence regardless which account I attempt to log in to. I'm using an iPhone to post this, I took a picture of the screen, I'll attempt to upload it after posting this.

Any thoughts?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Do not enter- wrong account name??

In all honestly, maybe hard drive or I am sure someone else out here will or should have an answer..
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Just encountered a problem with my MBP ('08/Snow Leopard).

Laptop has been working fine, but I shut it down earlier today And when I turned it back on I got this:
    1- everything booted normally, went straight to login screen (two accounts)
    2- type in password, starts to load, but after a while it changes from my account name and picture to the... Uh, no smoking-style sign? It's a circle with a line through it, I can't recall what the symbol is called.

Anyways, login screen stays gray, just displays that symbol with the loading wheel underneath and nothing else is displayed and nothing happens. This happened completely out of the blue and I get the same occurrence regardless which account I attempt to log in to. I'm using an iPhone to post this, I took a picture of the screen, I'll attempt to upload it after posting this.

Any thoughts?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Looks to me, like the hard drive may have issues. Either a logical corruption or hardware filure.

Can you boot from your install disk? IF you can then goto disk utility and check if its displaying the list of hard drive and volumes. If it does'nt then it migt be a hardware problem otherwise verify your disk and if an error is reported then hit the reapir option.

If still you are unable to boot your system, I am afraid you have to re0install the OS which may end up loosing data.

Remove Ads

Ads