iPhoto mess

This is a discussion on iPhoto mess within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; I recently (yesterday) upgraded my iPhoto. Now I have twice the photos I should have. I tried using Duplicate annihilator but it didn't appear to ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iPhoto mess

Member #

iPhoto mess

I recently (yesterday) upgraded my iPhoto. Now I have twice the photos I should have. I tried using Duplicate annihilator but it didn't appear to be working too well so I had to go back and start manually deleting. This happened once before and it took a week of telephone support to straighten out. What is going on? Instead of an update I got a "screw-up". Please help

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I seem to have a problem as well. In iTunes multiple events. Example: I have like 70, Dec 8 2010 events, all empty. I can see it when I plug in iPad1(5.1.1) or iPhone ( 6) . All that since updating to iPhoto 9.4
    MacBook Air - Sierra
    iPhone 7
    iPad rMini 3, 64 GB + Cellular
     Watch Sports

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I wasn't notified in NC about the update just went to check in App Store and its there, so maybe my lack of Notifications has helped in this case I will leave the download till I hear good news....
    iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    To all , DO NOT UPDATE !!! I called Apple care yesterday. They didn't know about my problem yet but did about the sync bug.
    I must call them back tomorrow and will report here if anything new.
    In the meantime have a look at Apple discussions under iPhone 9.4.

Sent from my iPad1  using Tapatalk .
    MacBook Air - Sierra
    iPhone 7
     Watch Sports

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Good grief! I thought I was the only one stuck with that problem. I don't use iPhoto anymore because it does what it wants to and has been doing it since I've installed it. Now I just copy my photos to a different file I create every few months and store that file on an external hard disk(NAS). When I installed iPhoto I put around 4500 pictures that transformed into over 6000 overnight?!? I don't have time to identify and organize that many documents that's why I create a new file periodically and leave time references be the filing system.
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vego1237 View Post
    I recently (yesterday) upgraded my iPhoto. Now I have twice the photos I should have. I tried using Duplicate annihilator but it didn't appear to be working too well so I had to go back and start manually deleting. This happened once before and it took a week of telephone support to straighten out. What is going on? Instead of an update I got a "screw-up". Please help
    Delete Your Original iPhoto Library Duplicates

The deletion process is a simple. Open your original iPhoto library in iPhoto, and drag the duplicate images to the Trash icon in iPhoto's sidebar. Once the duplicates are in the trash, you can permanently delete them with just a mouse click or two.

• Hold down the option key and launch iPhoto.
    • Select the original iPhoto library from the list of available libraries.
    • Click the Choose button.
    • In the iPhoto sidebar, select either Events or Photos. (You can't trash images from Albums or Smart Albums, because they're just pointers to images.)
    • Select the images and either drag the thumbnails to the Trash icon in the sidebar, or right-click on a selected image and click the Trash button.
    • Repeat until all of the photos you moved to another library have been placed in the trash.
    • Right click the Trash icon in the iPhoto sidebar and select 'Empty Trash' from the pop-up menu.
    • That's it; all of the duplicate photos are gone. Your original iPhoto Library should now be as lean and mean as the rest of the iPhoto libraries you created.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    iPhoto mess-prendre-une-photo-24-09-12-23-23-2.png

This is what I see in the iTunes photo tab :-((((
    MacBook Air - Sierra
    iPhone 7
     Watch Sports

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Is anybody any the wiser about iPhoto bug, has Apple acknowledged the problem and doing anything about it. Should I just leave the update indefinitely. Which by the way has not showmen up in NC. Has the update been ok for some people ? Feel like I'm in the dark here...
    iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    As I understand it iPhoto as it replaced its older version treated every picture as an import from a foreign source as loot copyed in from piracy. When I brought in my picture albums in the migration from PC to Mac it did the exact same thing. It paid no attention to the metadata that comes with every picture. Like saying "Hey! You want those pictures in your library? Fine! Don't count on me to classify them. Do it yourself you, pirate!" I tell you, classifying 4500+ pictures from scratch takes a lot of time!
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    The update actually showed up in NC this morning...I had two updates so just updated one and left iPhoto ....:( Wonder when we will get some instruction as to what to do update or don't update ....
    iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads