AirDrop -- not what I was hoping for...

This is a discussion on AirDrop -- not what I was hoping for... within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; While I test some of the new functionality in Lion i've already decided that I'm a bit disappointed in AirDrop. First off, it does not ...

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

AirDrop -- not what I was hoping for...

While I test some of the new functionality in Lion i've already decided that I'm a bit disappointed in AirDrop. First off, it does not appear to work over your existing internet connection if it's ethernet.. ie, I usually have WiFi disabled on my machines unless I'm actually connected via WiFi... but I'm very often connected via Ethernet and since I am, the AirDrop doesn't even show up or operate at all.

So, I must say, they should find a way to make this work over existing connections, not just WiFi.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm a bit confused myself as to why it wouldn't work over Ethernet, but I guess they thought it would defy the point of "Air"Drop, they should alter this.
    iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM - July 2010 Model
    iPhone 4 16GB Black
    MacBook 13" 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM

d -_- b Dre Beats Studio (White)

Member #
    You could always create a computer to computer wifi network. Go to System Preferences, go to Network, turn on Airport/Wifi, then on the network selection thing, select create network. Now, on the other Mac connect to that Mac and AirDrop should (hopefully) work. But then I don't really know as I don't have Lion.
    Send from my jailbroken InterestingCompanionPad.
    first generation Apple Intel Mac Mini, jailbroken iPad first generation wifi 16gb.
    Came from iPad Forums

Remove Ads

Ads