Recovery HD partition on Lion

This is a discussion on Recovery HD partition on Lion within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; If I clone my new mac mini server with Carbon Copy Clone or Superduper, it does not save th HD Recovery partition.Is this partition necessary ...

Member #

Recovery HD partition on Lion

If I clone my new mac mini server with Carbon Copy Clone or Superduper, it does not save th HD Recovery partition.Is this partition necessary if I have an up to date clone and the Lion operating software on cd?Michael

2. Ads

Member #
    The recovery partition on the Mac is like a install disk. If you use a Mac cloning software, you create another Mac on a whatever portable storage you used. Mac OS X Lion can boot up and function without the recovery partition, however you will need a Mac install USB flash drive, DVD, or SD card in order to do a fresh install in case you messed up your last cloned backup somehow. On the Apple website there's a app that can create a bootable lion installer. So I recommend having a external lion installer as well as your cloned backup.
    Send from my jailbroken InterestingCompanionPad.
    first generation Apple Intel Mac Mini, jailbroken iPad first generation wifi 16gb.
    Came from iPad Forums

Remove Ads

Ads