Mountain Lion Boot Camp-assistant Partition

This is a discussion on Mountain Lion Boot Camp-assistant Partition within the Mac OS X forums, part of the Mac Software category; I tried to install Windows 8 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit on a seperat partition on My MacBook Pro 2011 15" using Boot Camp-assistant on ...

Member #

Exclamation Mountain Lion Boot Camp-assistant Partition

I tried to install Windows 8 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit on a seperat partition on My MacBook Pro 2011 15" using Boot Camp-assistant on Mountain Lion.
    I got some errors like when rebooting and trying to enter the install-disk it says: "No bootable device ..."

I have already tried solutions with different flashdrives it did not work for me. I also tried with a optical drive - Windows 7 DVD install-disk - which also did not work for me.

It has worked for me before some time ago but that time I had Lion or SnowLeorpard on my Mac.

I don't know if there is a bug or something like that in the new OS - Mountain Lion?

For more details about my error go to: Mac How To : Bootcamp Windows Partition Problem

Thanks.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    I am afraid I can't actually help you with your Bootcamp problem as it is not something I would contemplate, but have you ever considered alternatives? What do you need to install Windows on your Mac for in the first place? Have you considered running Windows in a virtual machine powered by Parallels Desktop or VMWare? I use Parallels for running Visual Studio on my MacBook Pro when I am away from my Windows Desktop and it runs just fine. I have even run EVE Online via a virtual machine, again without any problems. Running a virtual machine negates all the hassle of partitioning you Mac hard drive, and the potential pitfalls and problems associated with corrupt boot records which seem to plague users of Bootcamp.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Sierra (10.12.4)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Sierra (10.12.4)
    'Marvin' - Hackintosh - Mavericks Server (10.9.5)
    'Holly' - Hackintosh - Mavericks Server (10.9.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 10.3.2
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 10.3.2

Member #
    Thanks for your advice. I already have Windows VMWare though but thanks anyway. I have tried to recover the whole Mac OS, unfortunately it didn't help. But I may have found the reason to my problem on this post:
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/15940863#15940863

Remove Ads

Ads