Microsoft outlook for mac 2011

This is a discussion on Microsoft outlook for mac 2011 within the MacBook Pro forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; How do you stop microsoft outlook from saving copies of your emails in finder...

Member #

Post Microsoft outlook for mac 2011

How do you stop microsoft outlook from saving copies of your emails in finder

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    317 times
    Have you updated your Microsoft lately??

Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.4 Update

Microsoft has released the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.4 Update. (113 MB) This one update includes the three prior updates 14.1.1 through 14.1.3.

According to the update’s description this update fixes “extremely important issues” and addresses security issues.

The security issue addressed (MS11-089) corrects a remote code execution vulnerability across both Windows and Mac versions of Office. It does not state, however, whether Macs are indeed vulnerable to these attacks.

Office Installer

Fixes issues that may affect earlier updates from installing if the user’s home folder contains a space, the update is installed via Secure Shell (ssh) or when multiple updates are applied
    All applications

Fixes an issue that could prevent some IRM-protected documents opening
    Excel

Fixes and issue that could cause Excel to hang or exit when opening some workbooks or using data validation
    Outlook

Fixes an issue that caused password expiration notifications to display incorrect information

Improves sync efficiency with Exchange accounts when permissions are changed on shared or delegated folders

Users should quit all Office applications and web browsers prior to updating. This update should also be available via the Microsoft AutoUpdate application within one day. Select Check for Updates from the Help menu. It is also available for immediate download.

Read this as well... Could be more, or less wind in the sail so to speak.

http://www.officeformachelp.com/2011/11/word-2011-slow-after-upgrading-to-lion/

A good place to try.. Let me know how it works out for ya plz.
    12-13-11

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    317 times

Microsoft Confirms Office 2011 and 2008 Compatibility with OS X Mountain Lion

Microsoft today confirmed that the two most recent versions of its flagship Office productivity suite for Mac are fully compatible with OS X Mountain Lion. Office users are advised to ensure that Microsoft AutoUpdate is enabled so that their installations can be updated as needed to take full advantage of the new operating system.
    - Make sure you have Office for Mac’s AutoUpdate enabled – some updates will be needed to make the most of the upgrade to Mountain Lion. Initiate AutoUpdate in any Office for Mac application by going to your toolbar, then selecting “Help” and then “Check for Updates.”

- Mountain Lion ships with a new feature called Gatekeeper. Gatekeeper helps protect users by allowing you to choose to only download and install software from known developers, like Microsoft. Please note that due to the Gatekeeper architecture, updates will not run when you download and initiate them on your desktop; instead please use Microsoft AutoUpdate to keep your copies of Office for Mac current.

7-25-12

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    317 times

Use This Quick Trick To Force Microsoft Word To Use Retina Display

Even though Apple’s Pages app is a pretty solid word processing tool, a lot of Mac users still love to use Microsoft Word. If you’re one of them, that’s cool, we won’t judge you. The biggest problem with using Word on a new MacBook Pro with Retina display is that it looks pretty ugly because it hasn’t been updated to take advantage of the Retina display yet.

The great news for Word fans is there’s a really easy work around that will force your Microsoft Word app to use your MacBook Pro’s Retina display, which makes the app look a lot better. All you got to do is follow these quick steps and you’ll be on the path to more Retina goodness.
    Backup Word.

Go to Applications folder via Finder, right click on Word, select “copy”

Paste on your desktop

Rename the Word on your Desktop to something.

Move your copy with new name from the Desktop back into your Office Folder

Right Click on original Word and select “Show Package Contents”

Double Click Contents

Right click on “Info.plist” and select “Open With >> TextEdit.app”

Scroll down to the bottom of the File

Paste the following before the last two lines <key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key> <string>True</string>

Save the file and quit TextEdit

Go back to your Office Folder and copy the original Word app again

Paste it to your desktop again

Trash the original Word app in your Office folder

Move Word from your Desktop back into Office Folder

Right click Word app, go to Get Info. Notice that “Open in Low Resolution” is no longer checked

Open up Word

Type something. Anything. Everything

Minimize Word and the bring it back up

Text should now be Retina

Hit the ^ in the top right corner to Hide/Unhide toolbar and remaining glitches will be fixed

BOOM! Your screen look so beautiful now. Anyone daring enough to see if this trick will work with other apps as well?

7-31-12

Source

Member #
    Hi sparky ,

i have the mac air with 10.7.4. osx i have office 2011 and the microsoft autoupdate prompt me to update the 14.2.3 update . i exit all applications but the update wont start as it asks to exit Microsoft Database Daemon and SyncServicesAgent. although i ask to exit the applications the system wont start and i do not have any idea how to exit the applications manually
    Any ideas??

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    317 times
    Do a force quit with the upper left hand apple emblem..

Click on it, you will see the force quit or, hit command option or command control
    also brings up the force quit.. I forget which. It's a habit and I am not in front
    of the comp. to tell you for sure....

Sent from my iPhone 4 via TapaTalk
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Member #
    thanks sparky,

the problem is that i cannot even found where Microsoft Database Daemon and SyncServicesAgent are in order to force quit , i think they run somewhere in the background .....as you understood i am quite fresh in Mac

Remove Ads

Ads