Why buy Mac instead of PC?

This is a discussion on Why buy Mac instead of PC? within the MacBook Pro forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; Originally Posted by dennisoz I went ahead and bought the 13" MacBookPro at Best Buy on sale--$60 off. I pick it up later today. I'm ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisoz View Post
    I went ahead and bought the 13" MacBookPro at Best Buy on sale--$60 off. I pick it up later today. I'm looking forward to the Mac Experience and greatly appreciate all your feedback.
    Glad to hear it! Hope you like it:)
    iMac G4 1.0GHz PPC G4, 1.5GB RAM, iPad 16GB 4.3.3 JB, iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.2 JB

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I think Apple are more about quality. It's a more closed OS and it's not spread across multiple platforms of computers. It's more secure and with the free built-in applications that come with Mac OS, I think it's worth it, overall you could end up saving money! Over time Windows needs defragmenting and other maintenance which takes time and money. Not every platform is better, but Mac's just seem to last longer and none of those annoying Blue Screen of Deaths!
    iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM - July 2010 Model
    iPhone 4 16GB Black
    MacBook 13" 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM

d -_- b Dre Beats Studio (White)

Member #
    Let me just say that I am not an Apple fanboy, that is why I bought an Alienware laptop which I may or may not regret but I have a Macbook as well so happy days. I think you will enjoy uour mac and soon you will forget about Windows.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisoz View Post
    I went ahead and bought the 13" MacBookPro at Best Buy on sale--$60 off. I pick it up later today. I'm looking forward to the Mac Experience and greatly appreciate all your feedback.
    you made the right choice,i had a pc up untill 2mths ago,i too got a 13" mbp and i love its speed,reliability ect,as you have been told,they just work,you will soon see the difference,beware,once you get one apple product you will want more,enjoy.

Member #
    I noticed on the Apple website on one point said that Windows 7 only runs on the newer MacBook Pros (it can run on older machines too. And Macs do get viruses, it just has much much a lower percent. If some evil geek has physical access to your machine though, no matter how much security (except physical) you put on the Mac, it can be hacked in minutes (technicallly not hacked). For me at least, when I go Mac I cannot go back to the dark side. Also if your a pure Windows geek or just know Windows on the back of your head then that Unix based OS with the combination of the huge learning curve can make you mad (and I was thinking the exact same thing about Windows being a Mac+Linux fan).
    Send from my jailbroken InterestingCompanionPad.
    first generation Apple Intel Mac Mini, jailbroken iPad first generation wifi 16gb.
    Came from iPad Forums

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual View Post
    Let me just say that I am not an Apple fanboy, that is why I bought an Alienware laptop which I may or may not regret but I have a Macbook as well so happy days. I think you will enjoy uour mac and soon you will forget about Windows.
    How could you ever regret an Alienware laptop? I'd sell my MacBook anyday for one of them!
    iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM - July 2010 Model
    iPhone 4 16GB Black
    MacBook 13" 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM

d -_- b Dre Beats Studio (White)

Member #
    Windows Vista, best ever ad for Apple, ever. Got so frustrated with it, we through out the $1000+ laptop and bought a Mbp. Won't go back. Would have never gone with a PC had I known unix was living under OS X.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    We have had pc's at home for a few years and it gave me a headache ! Anti virus, anti spyware, anti malware to run ..plus the crashes . I hated it...So I left it to my husband and bought a MacBook and loved every second of it!!! I now have a MBP and an iPad and couldn't be happier , they work , they just work...
    Now my friends who have switched come to me for advice , I never would have thought I would be considered as the technogeek of the gang.
    For me having a Mac is worth every penny....I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine !

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I like to have best of both words, atm I have several windows machines as well as mac

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar6000 View Post
    How could you ever regret an Alienware laptop? I'd sell my MacBook anyday for one of them!
    I've just googled these. I'm impressed. Facial recognition on a laptop, sweet...!
    iPhone 4 iOS 5 beta 7 Unlocked
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.5 Unlocked
    iPod Touch 4G 4.3.5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads