Why buy Mac instead of PC?

This is a discussion on Why buy Mac instead of PC? within the MacBook Pro forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; At the end of the year I am going to get a Mac. I have been on pc's since the mid 90's and have learned ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    At the end of the year I am going to get a Mac. I have been on pc's since the mid 90's and have learned very much from them. From all the research I have done I wish I had went with the Mac. Maybe at the end of the year I will and not look back. I know many people that have them and everyone of them tell me it is the BEST way to go. This thread has helped push me closer to the Mac. I have been into the iPhone, iPod and iPads for some time and love the way iOS works so OSX will be fun to learn.

Future Mac owner!!!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    alienware is made by Dell

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed View Post
    alienware is made by Dell
    Yes Alienware was bought out by Dell in '05 or '06 but they still make awesome PCs although they are considerably over priced for models with max specifications. You can build an equivalent or better Desktop PC for almost a third the price of a top of the line Alienware. This is assuming max specifications are selected.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714 View Post
    Yes Alienware was bought out by Dell in '05 or '06 but they still make awesome PCs although they are considerably over priced for models with max specifications. You can build an equivalent or better Desktop PC for almost a third the price of a top of the line Alienware. This is assuming max specifications are selected.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Agreed! I have had some good Dell pcs when I used to use windows, atm I have a HP all in one touch screen but I never use it lol.. some games like star wars the old republic that there are only windows versions and I dont want to sit there installing windows on vmware or bootcamp or any other methods to install windows and take up hard drive space. any pc with decent specs is pretty expensive, at least 2-3 thousand for a half decent one.. same as with apple mac really. the mac is getting much better with gaming but still does not compare to windows so for really heavy pc gamers I would stick with the pc.. I use use the ps3 so I got a mac and I do have a tone of good games installed with the mac app store

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    So you guys think that Dell is a good PC? What about laptop? I always wondered.

~ iPad 1 64GB, wifi 3G JB ~ Apple Forums Rules

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPoison View Post
    So you guys think that Dell is a good PC? What about laptop? I always wondered.
    not bad at all, I like HP they have good driver support. Sony vaio is good for lap tops, Toshiba. I have had all and the sony vaio for me was the most reliable so far and it lasted 7 years.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Thank you! I have all HP' myself ~ but I have had Sony too. One more thing If I may ~ what do you think of Gateway computers?

Then I promise not to get of topic again!

Hopefully....

~ iPad 1 64GB, wifi 3G JB ~ Apple Forums Rules

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPoison View Post
    Thank you! I have all HP' myself ~ but I have had Sony too. One more thing If I may ~ what do you think of Gateway computers?Then I promise not to get of topic again! Hopefully....
    We used to use them at my old college and I hated the gateway computers.. I don't think I would buy one for home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads