mbp not waking up

This is a discussion on mbp not waking up within the MacBook Pro forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; sometimes my mbp doesn't wake up after i have been away from it,sometimes only for a few minutes,i touch a key or press the power ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

mbp not waking up

sometimes my mbp doesn't wake up after i have been away from it,sometimes only for a few minutes,i touch a key or press the power button and nothing happens,i have to connect it to the mains to wake it up,its only intermittent but very annoying,has anyone else had this or know if its something that needs attention?

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Hi PoisonIvy,

It's not a problem I've had with my MBP, but it would seem that others have. A quick Google search threw up quite a few related issues. I've not trolled through them all, and unfortunately there are numerous ideas as to why it happens

macbook pro not waking from sleep - Google Search

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    yes i did that and as you say there seems to be several,i might have to give Apple a ring,thanks Jez.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonivy View Post
    yes i did that and as you say there seems to be several,i might have to give Apple a ring,thanks Jez.
    Hi Guys yes happens to imac as well, I read its something to do with Lion. Some people said to try and plug something in like a corded mouse and that sometimes works. But I have had to power off and on again to waken my little beauty. But hopefully it will be sorted with Mountain Lion.
    iPhone 5 
    iPad 3
    iMac 21.5

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    i just got off the phone with Apple who took me through a little cleaning routine to see if thats whats doing it,i have to monitor it now to see if that helps,thank goodness i have Apple care,i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    i just got off the phone with Apple who took me through a little cleaning routine to see if thats whats doing it,i have to monitor it now to see if that helps,thank goodness i have Apple care,i'll let you guys know how it goes.
    Thats good Ivy, now what was the little cleaning routine can you tell me..
    iPhone 5 
    iPad 3
    iMac 21.5

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    its in two parts,hold down cmd,alt and shift for 15 secs then let go,2nd parts a bit tricky,with one hand hold down cmd,alt and R key,then turn on power,immediately you press power let go and hold down P key,you should get 2 or 3 chimes then as it fires up again,let me know how it goes.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    its in two parts,hold down cmd,alt and shift for 15 secs then let go,2nd parts a bit tricky,with one hand hold down cmd,alt and R key,then turn on power,immediately you press power let go and hold down P key,you should get 2 or 3 chimes then as it fires up again,let me know how it goes.
    Ohhhhhh I had to do the P one once a good while ago. I thought it would be more on the cleaning side like empty this and that it's more a resetting thing you did...
    iPhone 5 
    iPad 3
    iMac 21.5

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    he said its like giving it a good dusting inside.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    as it was a two part thing maybe the first one was the cleaning bit.

Ads