New Macbook pro 2010 owner; well I want to be one, any suggestions?

This is a discussion on New Macbook pro 2010 owner; well I want to be one, any suggestions? within the MacBook Pro forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; Same story different person, my old pc died and I decided to go Mac! So in my search I've discovered I can't afford a MBP ...

Member #

New Macbook pro 2010 owner; well I want to be one, any suggestions?

Same story different person, my old pc died and I decided to go Mac! So in my search I've discovered I can't afford a MBP 2012. So off to eBay. My question is can someone point me to a link or post for things to look out for. I would like to get the most for my money so I focused in on MacBook pro 2.66. I7 SSD drive with 8 gig and a 1680x1050 display.
    So my concerns are:
    apple care - is it transferable? Should I be concerned if its not available.
    Released 2010 - it looks like 90% are from this year. Are there any issues with 2010 MBPs.
    Should I up the $$ and look for a 2011 or 2012 release?
    Software - what happens when I log into iTunes, will the added software be removed?

Any input would be appreciated.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Personally, I would spend as much as you can afford and get the latest possible model. As far as I know, there are no serious issues with the 2010 MacBook Pro model, and they are certainly Mountain Lion compatible ( Apple - OS*X Mountain Lion - Read the technical specifications. ) However, with each release of OSX, which seem to be coming on a yearly schedule now, older models become progressively dropped, so you will want as much future proofing as you can. Have you thought of buying a refurbished MBP direct from Apple. You get a perfectly functional computer and a 1 year warrantee, something you will NOT get buying off eBay.

Refurbished Mac - Buy Refurbished Mac Products - Apple Store (UK)

That's the UK Refurb store, but you will be able to find one in your own location. You sometimes have to be quick off the draw, as machines can get snapped up pretty quickly.

I'm afraid i don't know what will happen to any software left on a second hand machine that is not licenced to your iTunes account.

Member #
    Thanks! I didn't consider refurbs more $$ but better than the Craig list route. I won't even have to take my 357 to pick it up.

Remove Ads

Ads