Macbook Pro Battery: Needed to be replaced but started working again

This is a discussion on Macbook Pro Battery: Needed to be replaced but started working again within the MacBook Pro forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; Hi, About a week ago my macbook pro battery died instantly on me and would no longer hold a charge (remained at 0% when plugged ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Exclamation Macbook Pro Battery: Needed to be replaced but started working again

Hi,

About a week ago my macbook pro battery died instantly on me and would no longer hold a charge (remained at 0% when plugged in). I ran system profiler and my cycle count on my battery went to 0 (weird?). I went to the genius bar and he ran a diagnostic test saying I needed to replace my battery. I opted out because my computer is 4 years old and I am not using it too much anymore. Today, I turned on my computer and was on hotmail and all of a sudden it shut off automatically even though it was plugged in and the charger was green. After it shut off, the battery began to charge?! The battery light went orange and I turned my computer back on. However, It did take a little long turning on (stayed like 30seconds-1min on the blank blue screen). Should I be worried about my computer?

Thanks

2. Ads

Ads