MacBook Pros and Gin & Tonic don't mix!

This is a discussion on MacBook Pros and Gin & Tonic don't mix! within the MacBook Pro forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; My tail of woe starts on my journey home from Aberdeen last Friday. Just settling down with a movie on my 13" MacBook Pro and ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times

MacBook Pros and Gin & Tonic don't mix!

My tail of woe starts on my journey home from Aberdeen last Friday. Just settling down with a movie on my 13" MacBook Pro and my first First Class freebie of a Gin & Tonic. The glass was set down on a non slip mat to the side of my laptop when a sudden jolt on the train deposited half a glass of G&T all over the keyboard and a slick heading towards my iPhone!

Paralyzed, I didn't know which to rescue first, but the lady sitting next to me grabbed the MacBook and tipped it on its edge to drain the offending liquid out, whilst I grabbed my iPhone and tried to force shut down the laptop at the same time.

At home later that evening I remove the back, hard drive and RAM and stand the poor beast in a warm cupboard containing my servers to help dry it out.

I look at the machine on Sunday and realize that things aren't good....the keyboard has many sticky keys so it's into the Apple reseller, Stormfront, in York city centre where I bought it to book it in for repair. To my amazement, my laptop boots up first time and passes all the in store diagnostics, but the keyboard still needs attention.

I have received email and text updates from Stormfront telling me where my machine is in the process, and I have just been called to say the entire top case section needs replacing at a cost of £233. I should get my baby back early next week. By impressed with the service from Stormfront....can't fault them.

So, moral of the story? Keep free G&Ts in hand when traveling by train and using your Apple products!
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Not good news from Stormfront

Running final tests after repairing my baby and it won't start...main logic board failing Would cost me almost £560 to fix the whole lot, and then Apple only give a 3 month guarantee on the parts. So, decision made, going to cut my losses and get a new one...just need to decide what model now!! What an expensive Gin & Tonic!!
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Remove Ads

Ads