Macbook wont boot up properly

This is a discussion on Macbook wont boot up properly within the MacBook Pro forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; My macbook appeared to be stuck on the loading screen. After trying to reset the pram it is now stuck on a half black half ...

Member #

Macbook wont boot up properly

My macbook appeared to be stuck on the loading screen. After trying to reset the pram it is now stuck on a half black half grey screen.

I also tried booting it in safe mode but that didn't appear to work either, as well as resetting the SMC.

If anyone has any suggestions that could help. I also cant boot up from the start up disc,as my cd drive is no longer working.

Macbook wont boot up properly-imag0358.jpg

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    I'm afraid that sounds pretty terminal to me....you have already tried all the things I would suggest!! It may be something 'simple', like the hard drive or RAM, but I would suggest taking it to an Apple Store or qualified Reseller for them to run some diagnostics...it may be recoverable.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JezzerP View Post
    I'm afraid that sounds pretty terminal to me....you have already tried all the things I would suggest!! It may be something 'simple', like the hard drive or RAM, but I would suggest taking it to an Apple Store or qualified Reseller for them to run some diagnostics...it may be recoverable.
    Hey thanks for the response.

I took it to a non apple shop the other day, that specialized in apple repairs. He said it was probably the logic board or the display. But he said because it was a pretty old model, it was likely that it was not worth fixing, or they couldn't even get the parts for it. He didnt seem to want to run a diagnose on it, so I don't know if I should get a second opinion or not.

My other friend suggested trying it with an external monitor, but I'm thinking if that was possible the guy would have suggested it? so not sure if that would be worth the effort. It's like a late 2006 model.

Remove Ads

Ads